By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK - 360's strongest country?

M.U.G.E.N said:
Squilliam said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Squilliam said:

If you've already got Madden 2008, are most people really going to go out and buy Madden 2009 the next year? If you've already got a bunch of great titles and are still playing them are you going to be as likely to go out and look for new stuff to play, especially if you can borrow from your friends?

Yes but Madden 2008 or 2009 has nothing to do with the console they are on. Consumers will not buy a product if they do not offer something new, improvements over the prior version (that validates a purchase), or desired (or pushed hard enough to create one by advertsiging). Madden games do not offer enough incentives for the users to buy a newer version. Buy for example UC2 offered a mch different and better experience than UC1 so people buy it. This has nothing to do with the console they are on tho. Two very different product life cycles.

Consumers only buy product if they are dis-satisfied with their present situation. If they are completely satisfied with the games they are currently playing they will not go out and buy new ones. However new console owners buy a lot of titles within the first few years of ownership because they are starting from 0. They have nothing in the library, so how can they be satisfied with what they already own?

So are you saying by the 4-5th year of xbox it has reached it's last stage of the life cycle already? :S Cuz if not then what you say makes no sense to me. You say people will buy many games once they buy the console anew. What facts do you have to back that up? If a game offers something good, new. or desired people will buy it. Every Halo will sell well. EWvery NSMB will sell well. Every COD will sell well. Every GT will sell well. It has absolutely nothing to do with the console. Again it's a seperate life cycle. Your just twisting your initial statement now.

You should read some of The Source's articles. They show this fact quite clearly that software sales peak about a year to a year and a half after hardware sales even if the overall install base is increasing.

Tease.

Around the Network

i blame "Fortza" 3!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

there is lots of piracy there in UK lots of guyz playing by downloading games from internet 3 of my friends who came from UK were doing same stuff so thats y its selling more than ps3 thats what i beleive

UK and USA are very similar in many things.

lots of blondes, caucasian, english default language.

microsoft can market their console better,

though they other thing USA and UK are not exactly nice....

The Xbox 360 will easily secure 2nd place in the UK and the US. Maybe even in Australia and probably in Canada, even though we don't have much data from canada at all, but I doubt they are 100% different to the US data. So the largest english speaking countries do prefer the Xbox 360 over the PS3.

This might be a big plus for the next generartion.

First step: Get into the market (Xbox)
Second step: establish on the market (Xbox 360)
Third step: Dominate the market (Xbox³)

I think having a huge fanbase in some of the biggest markets in this industry can't be wrong.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

People saying those in UK only buy western stuff is waaaay wrong.

UK used to be one of Sony's strongholds. The Playstation 1 & 2 sold loads here.
The fact 360 sells more is nothing to do with which country the consoles come from.
Feck everything we use here is foreign pretty much. I drive a Japanese car, have a Japanese phone, have a Japanese tv etc etc.

The reality is most people are not fanboys here, they do not stay loyal to a brand simply because of it's name. They see it just for what it is, a machine.
If say next gen Sega made a new console along with the next Nintendo,MS and Sony consoles it would have just as much chance to be selling as the others. It is this openess to products that helps companies to do so well here.
Having a country like Japan which relies a lot on its own products is very different. A great product made outside of Japan will sell less then a total crap product that was made in Japan. The problem is websites such as this see people look at those numbers and assume that the crap product must be great as it has sold xyz amounts.

not really they're both selling at the same pace in the UK.

Not quite. UK is probably 360's second best market after US. As with US it's picked up this generations FPS/Online crowd for the most part and like the US the UK is where the head start seems to have built the most traction.

PS3 is selling similar most weeks now with more than 12 month delay at higher price, though, so the underlying demand for PS3 (i.e. the demand if each were the same price and launched at same time) is probably a little higher.

Unlike US I also think PS3 has a chance to catch 360 in UK - although only just.

So I think no, not quite. But nearly.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I though it was better in America?

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Xoj said:
UK and USA are very similar in many things.

lots of blondes, caucasian, english default language.

microsoft can market their console better,

though they other thing USA and UK are not exactly nice....

what do you mean?

Above & Beyond