By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK - 360's strongest country?

Compared to PS3 I mean, even after the slim, and the price drop for PS3 and price INCREASE for 360 arcade, the 360 has regularly beat out the PS3 in the UK since about the start of november?

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=X360&reg1=UK&cons2=PS3&reg2=UK&cons3=X360&reg3=UK&start=39705&end=40265

Is the 360 stronger here than in America? (in comparison)

Around the Network

Its because the British are nationalistic. Thats why the PS3 never stands a chance there.

Tease.

I think so, it's probably due to all the promotions that MSFT runs in the UK but the US.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

PS3 has beaten the 360 44 times since it's launch (PS3 launch) out of 156 weeks. (doing an american comparison now)

30/184 PS3 vs 360 ... ok I guess my point has been proven wrong already.

Around the Network

Until the price cut I knew more 360 owners, now I know miles more PS3 owners.

Most 360 owners I know here in the UK are now buying PS3s. My housemate had to sell one of his consoles recently and tried his hardest to get rid of his 360, no one wanted it, but he managed to sell his PS3 in a day.

-Insert PSN Portable ID here-

-Insert XBL Portable ID here-

-Insert Witty Quote/Comment here-

JimmyRay said:
Until the price cut I knew more 360 owners, now I know miles more PS3 owners.

Most 360 owners I know here in the UK are now buying PS3s. My housemate had to sell one of his consoles recently and tried his hardest to get rid of his 360, no one wanted it, but he managed to sell his PS3 in a day.

That's great, it's not reflecting in sales though.

Hold up, lemme check.... (goes online)

(Plays Halo 3, gets a +4 K/D spread and gets called a "Fat American"  twice)

Seems like it is sometimes....

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

I wonder if anyone has accurate figures of install bases of PS3/360. 2nd hand the 360 isnt very desireable since it's quite likely to break down, while people happily buy PS3s second hand as they're more reliable.

I bet at least 1/4 of 360 sales have fallen to the RROD and been replaced whereas PS3s do suffer problems but A LOT less and normally get fixed rather than replaced as they were higher priced machines (especially compared to a 360 arcade).

I imagine the fact that no one trusts a second hand 360 drives sales very well. :)

-Insert PSN Portable ID here-

-Insert XBL Portable ID here-

-Insert Witty Quote/Comment here-

JimmyRay said:
I wonder if anyone has accurate figures of install bases of PS3/360. 2nd hand the 360 isnt very desireable since it's quite likely to break down, while people happily buy PS3s second hand as they're more reliable.

I bet at least 1/4 of 360 sales have fallen to the RROD and been replaced whereas PS3s do suffer problems but A LOT less and normally get fixed rather than replaced as they were higher priced machines (especially compared to a 360 arcade).

I imagine the fact that no one trusts a second hand 360 drives sales very well. :)

No they just get it fixed for free VIA Microsoft.