By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do feel feel the Ps3 has achieved what the ps2 did?

software-wise? I feel that the PS3 has better games than the ps2...do you agree? And there's still the last gaurdian and gt5 to come..

Around the Network

It ain't done yet, give it time.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

It still hasn't got a SMT game, so no.

Depends, third party-wise, not yet (needs more time and more games like SMT,Zone of  the enders, Ace Combat, etc.). But First and second party-wise, boy did Sony prove that it is one of the best publishers out there!!!!

If it did it would be easily my favorite system this gen and easily be first this gen...... since it is none of those then it is a no for me.

They are worlds apart.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

no it lost most all of its 3rd party exclusives that made the ps2 what it was also it doesnt have last gen backward compatibility not really a big thing

but i hate when shit gets axed for no good reason and as far as the games you mentioned the ps2 never really had problems like the ps3 has been having with delays

also PS3 SW is still lacking a good hardcore TPS and FPS all things the 360 has not been suffering so thats why i think the 360 is the closest to the ps2 this gen so far

"It ain't done yet, give it time"

Play Me

I think it's on its way personally. I enjoyed the first 3 years of the PS3's life as much as the first 3 years of the PS2's. Meta games rated above 80-

PS3- 157

PS2- 320

Above 90-

PS3- 22

PS2- 63

Interestingly it's on par with the PS2 (keeping timeframes in mind) It's not unfeasible that the PS3 amasses as many "great" games as the PS2 or at least comes close.

PS3 is only 3 and half years old.

PS2 didn't even have GOW 1 when it was 3 and half year old in 2004.

On the RPG side no. But I think on game originality and quality its the nearest console to PS2. Games published by Sony are damn amazing compare to whats available.

For me, yes.

4 ≈ One