By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do feel feel the Ps3 has achieved what the ps2 did?

I guess im like the only one who never owned a PS2. I owned a Xbox and Xbox 360. I guess i never really into games back then. But this gen i have payed more attention to games and bought a PS3 in 2008 (MGS4 edition). I really like the variety and quality PS3 games have to offer. In my opinion the PS3 passed the PS2.

Around the Network

I'd give it a couple years. Maybe after GT5, Last Guardian, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, Killzone 3, ModNation Racers, SOCOM 4, Driver 5, Agent, LA Noire, GTA5, FFvs13, FF14, etc. you could say the PS3 has a better lineup than PS2.

PS2 has a massive, amazing lineup which will be hard to beat.

They still dont have their "San Andreas" of this gen

Joke thread? It's not april fool's day...

The PS3's library is nowhere near as good as the PS2 nor the PS1. It still has a long, long way to go...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

PS3 has the best library of all current consoles right now but imo, only the Wii is anywhere near the PS2 this gen.

I'll wait for GT5, FF13Vs and TLG to release before deciding though, this gen is just getting started (and we already have so many awesome games)

Around the Network

Maybe in the same timeframe. But overall, no way.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

IMO no i loved my ps2! The ps3 has some great exclusives though but even their it cant be better cause most of the ps2 exclusives have gone multiplat, but on the first party side yes it has plus i love good graphics and the ps3 is amazing! maybe it mgith eventually but i really dont think so.

Official Member of the Xbox 360 squad!

I actually do, cause sony is really innovating with the software they push
let's see, Little Big Planet, Heavy Rain, and up-coming colossus games I mean just like last generation sony always supports risky projects