By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Preliminary Data: Wii Fit Preorders Appears in the top twenty preorders..

The retailer that the preliminary Japanese data is based on is now showing Wii Fit at ~50,000 units (assuming the same extrapolation methodology for games sold during the week can be applied to preorders), as of November 22nd Japanese time.  Wii Fit releases December 1st in Japan, which means preorders should rise significantly by the time the game releases.

I believe Super Mario Galaxy preorders at this retailer peaked at ~150,000 (extrapolated) the day before the game release, and sales were in the 250,000 range.  Interestingly, Super Mario Galaxy did not reach the preorder top twenty until about the same time Wii Fit did (i.e. 1.5 weeks before release), so it will be worth watching to see how high preorders for Wii Fit get.

In other news, Dragon Quest IV had a pretty impressive debut based on it's highest preoders (but I'm, not going to ruin it for you)...We'll see what the first day data shows! 

Depending on the interest in this thread, I may reveal some of the other preordered games in the top twenty...

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

Do you get any data on the DS TV attachment?

John Lucas should start preparing himself for the crow he'll be eating.

Interesting.
Prediction WiiFit - 500K for the week or Nintendo sells out.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Agreed - sorry John, but 1m is way out of the ballpark on this one. It should have incredible (forever) legs though - like WiiSports in Japan.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Do we have any sources/rumors on how many WiiFit units Nintendo has created for the launch?

Man..what does it take to be a hit in Japan? I hope WiiFit doesn't bomb.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

loadedstatement said:

A DSlite

Pure speculation on my part (i.e. not based on anything but my opinion), but I'd say Wii Fit will move roughly what Super Mario Galaxy did in week one.  However, I think it will decline incredibly slowly (if supply is there).  Galaxy went from 286k-45k in the prelim data, and 255k-75k, 250-80k by Famitsu/MC and VGC in weeks one and two. 

Wii Fit I can see doing like...200k...160k....130k...100k....70k...55k....

In contrast to Galaxy which will end up more like: 250-80-40-30-30-60-60-75-50-20-20-10-10

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

loadedstatement said:

Why? It's complete shit. Plus, the Wii has already one your stupid console wars. I don't see why you would care if it bombs or not.