By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How to bypass PS3 firmware 3.21 and connect to PSN!

SpartenOmega117 said:
guys just follow this video. You dont have to download or install anything on your computer. You can keep other OS and still play online.

just follow this video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vto8ojKeRcE

or can just update and not go through the hassle.

I seriously cant wait till the next thing people have to whine about. Hopefully it will actually be something worth it. This update has got people who are uneffect blowing things completely out of porportion. Its ridiculous.

Around the Network
letsdance said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
guys just follow this video. You dont have to download or install anything on your computer. You can keep other OS and still play online.

I seriously cant wait till the next thing people have to whine about. Hopefully it will actually be something worth it. This update has got people who are uneffect blowing things completely out of porportion. Its ridiculous.

first of all the video is not a big hassle. i did it in less than 5 min. I dont think people realize how much people use OtherOS.

also this is like saying if Sony takes away online gaming. Some people think otherOS is that important. I bet many of you guys will be screaming if that happens

SpartenOmega117 said:
letsdance said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

first of all the video is not a big hassle. i did it in less than 5 min. I dont think people realize how much people use OtherOS.

Thats where you lost me... because I do realize how many people. A very small minority. Most of which who are whinning and being annoying and posting nonsense like "ITS ILLEGAL!" (yeah... just like FW 2.4 was... right?)

SpartenOmega117 said:
also this is like saying if Sony takes away online gaming. Some people think otherOS is that important. I bet many of you guys will be screaming if that happens

Actually I'd praise it. The best games are single player only and online has seriously took quality away from games. Like Gears of War, RE5, and CoD4. Those games sucked hard. I have wifi and can easily connect my ps3 through wire... yet when I had the system it didn't touch the internet.

Around the Network

@Sparten

Jeez, YOU STILL HAVE THE ORIGINAL OS!!!!

You can still surf the web and use your ps3 it may not be as good but you still can. To compare it to removing online gaming is quite a stretch.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

JamaicameCRAZY said:

@mirgro

you have one very odd moral compass.

As for what you can do can do with the things you purchase, like your ps3. Look to your user license agreement.

PLEASE READ THIS SYSTEM SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS.

ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SYSTEM SOFTWARE IN THE SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT INC. ("SCE")'S PlayStation®3 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM UNIT ("PS3™ system") IS EXPRESSLY CONDITIONED UPON ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.

This Agreement is a contract with SCE. This Agreement applies to any system software or firmware included in the PS3™ system, and any patches, updates, upgrades, or new versions of the system software or firmware provided to or made available for your PS3™ system through any SCE service or online network, SCE website or PS3™ system game disc (software is collectively, "System Software").

As for what you can do with it, it says that in there too!

2. RESTRICTIONS

You may not lease, rent, sublicense, publish, modify, adapt, or translate any portion of the System Software. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the System Software, or create any derivative works, or otherwise attempt to create System Software source code from its object code. You may not (i) use any unauthorized, illegal, counterfeit, or modified hardware or software in connection with the System Software, including use of tools to bypass, disable, or circumvent any encryption, security, or authentication mechanism for the PS3™ system; (ii) violate any laws, regulations or statutes, or rights of SCE, its affiliated companies, or third parties in connection with your access to or use of the System Software, including the access, use, or distribution of any software or hardware that you know or should have known to be infringing or pirated; (iii) use any hardware or software to cause the System Software to accept or use unauthorized, illegal, or pirated software or hardware; (iv) obtain the System Software in any manner other than through SCE's authorized distribution methods; or (v) exploit the System Software in any manner other than to use it in your PS3™ system in accordance with the accompanying documentation and with authorized software or hardware, including use of the System Software to design, develop, update, or distribute unauthorized software or hardware for use in connection with the PS3™ system for any reason. Without limiting the scope of SCE's remedies, any violation of these restrictions will void the PS3™ system's warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from SCE or its affiliated companies.

So whether you like it or not you do not own 100% of your ps3. Now whether you choose to ignore that fact is up to you.

And they have every right to protect their intrests just like you would if you were in their shoes.

You really need to read more. Notice that the only consequences of doing everything listed in that paragraph is that I will not be able to obtain warranty/repair service. So really, where exactly does it say I can't do anything I want in the PS3.

I also agree that they should pretect their interests, however the way they are doing is totally wrong. I haven't done anything wrong yet with the PS3, but now I am gonna do everything I can to keep all the features on the PS3, and it seems thare are already ways in existance. So all in all, SONY just blew a lot of steam and maybe got a lawsuit on its hands. Then again, this is SONY with their rootkit bullshit back in the day so maybe this isn't as unforseen as I thought it would be.

You guys can all give in and bend over backwards for Sony, but I for one will love it when I one day hopefully have custom firmware and user created Dynamic Themes and custom icon setups that dwarf anything available on PSN.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
You guys can all give in and bend over backwards for Sony, but I for one will love it when I one day hopefully have custom firmware and user created Dynamic Themes and custom icon setups that dwarf anything available on PSN.

That's what I am hoping for actually. This asshole move by SONY may actually end up a whole lot better for me than it was before. If custom firmware starts rolling out who knows what I'll be able to do to it.

mirgro said:
Euphoria14 said:

That's what I am hoping for actually. This asshole move by SONY may actually end up a whole lot better for me than it was before. If custom firmware starts rolling out who knows what I'll be able to do to it.

I just hope it gets to the point where Dark_Alex from the PSP scene might show back up.

I currently use the Schtardust theme on my PSP which I prefer over the normal look so much.

This is the normal PSP theme.

This is what I use, only my background is a custom wave.

I am shocked at how some people wouldn't want something like this. O_o

It is beyond awesome, especially when extra features get added like recovery modes and shit just in case something goes wrong during and update and you brick your console. With the recovery menu you can boot up the system and then fix that shit without the need to send it in.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!