By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How to bypass PS3 firmware 3.21 and connect to PSN!

If you don't want to loose OtherOS support for the PS3 3.21 firmware update, then HaxNetwork has a tutorial posted that explains how to bypass the newest update and still connect to PSN on lower PS3 firmwares

(3.15 Firmware confirmed working).

Edit: an even better way. Thanks SpartenOmega117.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vto8ojKeRcE

Easy method wtih installer (requires you to be a registered user).

http://www.haxnetwork.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=269

hard step by step way

http://www.haxnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=9745

Keep in mind everyone this is only to preserve official Linux support and has nothing to do with running pirated software even though that can't be done. 

Around the Network

Request to lock thread please - . -

really dont need people bypassing PS3 defenses and ruining online with Linux and/or Pirating games...thank you.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

i thought its allowed to post stuff like this on this site.

edit : LOL this only changes the IP Adress , UK PS3s (or atleast my ps3) haven't got the firmware update yet, so this just changes it they're release it on all ps3s soon.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Ssliasil said:

really dont need people bypassing PS3 defenses and ruining online with Linux and/or Pirating games...thank you.

This has nothing to do with pirating games this is only to keep the Linux functionality.

Lastgengamer said:
Ssliasil said:

This has nothing to do with pirating games this is only to keep the Linux functionality.

the only reason anyone cares is to pirate games. Lock the thread.

Around the Network
Ssliasil said:

Congratulations! For your relentless astroturfing against Linux, MS, SCO, and now Sony are delighted to confer on you the "Spaceballs Award"!

Keep on firing!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

BW_JP said:
Lastgengamer said:
Ssliasil said:

Again this is for people that use a feature that came with the original ps3s. There is no way to pirate ps3 games.

The moderators will decide if the thread should be locked.

Lastgengamer said:
BW_JP said:
Lastgengamer said:
Ssliasil said:

Again this is for people that use a feature that came with the original ps3s. There is no way to pirate ps3 games.

you seem to not get it at all...

Pirates use the other OS to bypass the system, thats why Sony removed it, why else did you think all this happened?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Severance said:
Lastgengamer said:
BW_JP said:
Lastgengamer said:
Ssliasil said:

Pirates use the other OS to bypass the system, thats why Sony removed it, why else did you think all this happened?

Not everyone is a pirate. Some users expect to still be able to use features that were originally on the system.  

Severance said:
Lastgengamer said:
BW_JP said:
Lastgengamer said:
Ssliasil said:

No they don't because you CANNOT run pirate games on the PS3 using the other OS hack that was released.  That is of course without mentioning the fact that you and 99.9% of the general public would be unable to perform the hack too.  Please don't try preaching about something you do not understand, have the decency to at least learn about what you're discussing before insulting other users.

To the OP, thank you very much!