By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How to bypass PS3 firmware 3.21 and connect to PSN!

letsdance said:

or can just update and not go through the hassle.

I seriously cant wait till the next thing people have to whine about. Hopefully it will actually be something worth it. This update has got people who are uneffect blowing things completely out of porportion. Its ridiculous.

Haven't we already had this conversation?

Around the Network
letsdance said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
guys just follow this video. You dont have to download or install anything on your computer. You can keep other OS and still play online.

just follow this video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vto8ojKeRcE

I seriously cant wait till the next thing people have to whine about. Hopefully it will actually be something worth it. This update has got people who are uneffect blowing things completely out of porportion. Its ridiculous.

It took less time to enter a custom DNS than to go through the hassle of a long download + update install.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

dsister44 said:
letsdance said:

Even if I did own a Ps3 I'd still be uneffected. Your points are moot.

letsdance said:
dsister44 said:
letsdance said:

Even if I did own a Ps3 I'd still be uneffected. Your points are moot.

This subject has nothing to do with you. You're just fanning the flames

When you post something like this you should also warn people that stuff like this, could of course potentiality get there PSN account banned/PS3 locked out of PSN services.

Not that Sony are known to do that type of thing, but if Custom firmware comes around I'm sure they'll try to stamp it out in the same way microsoft has, and I should imagine in there eyes if you're trying to avoid firmware updates you're probably a pirate.

Around the Network
mirgro said:
JamaicameCRAZY said:

@mirgro

you have one very odd moral compass.

As for what you can do can do with the things you purchase, like your ps3. Look to your user license agreement.

PLEASE READ THIS SYSTEM SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS.

ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SYSTEM SOFTWARE IN THE SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT INC. ("SCE")'S PlayStation®3 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM UNIT ("PS3™ system") IS EXPRESSLY CONDITIONED UPON ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.

This Agreement is a contract with SCE. This Agreement applies to any system software or firmware included in the PS3™ system, and any patches, updates, upgrades, or new versions of the system software or firmware provided to or made available for your PS3™ system through any SCE service or online network, SCE website or PS3™ system game disc (software is collectively, "System Software").

As for what you can do with it, it says that in there too!

2. RESTRICTIONS

You may not lease, rent, sublicense, publish, modify, adapt, or translate any portion of the System Software. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the System Software, or create any derivative works, or otherwise attempt to create System Software source code from its object code. You may not (i) use any unauthorized, illegal, counterfeit, or modified hardware or software in connection with the System Software, including use of tools to bypass, disable, or circumvent any encryption, security, or authentication mechanism for the PS3™ system; (ii) violate any laws, regulations or statutes, or rights of SCE, its affiliated companies, or third parties in connection with your access to or use of the System Software, including the access, use, or distribution of any software or hardware that you know or should have known to be infringing or pirated; (iii) use any hardware or software to cause the System Software to accept or use unauthorized, illegal, or pirated software or hardware; (iv) obtain the System Software in any manner other than through SCE's authorized distribution methods; or (v) exploit the System Software in any manner other than to use it in your PS3™ system in accordance with the accompanying documentation and with authorized software or hardware, including use of the System Software to design, develop, update, or distribute unauthorized software or hardware for use in connection with the PS3™ system for any reason. Without limiting the scope of SCE's remedies, any violation of these restrictions will void the PS3™ system's warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from SCE or its affiliated companies.

So whether you like it or not you do not own 100% of your ps3. Now whether you choose to ignore that fact is up to you.

And they have every right to protect their intrests just like you would if you were in their shoes.

You really need to read more. Notice that the only consequences of doing everything listed in that paragraph is that I will not be able to obtain warranty/repair service. So really, where exactly does it say I can't do anything I want in the PS3.

I also agree that they should pretect their interests, however the way they are doing is totally wrong. I haven't done anything wrong yet with the PS3, but now I am gonna do everything I can to keep all the features on the PS3, and it seems thare are already ways in existance. So all in all, SONY just blew a lot of steam and maybe got a lawsuit on its hands. Then again, this is SONY with their rootkit bullshit back in the day so maybe this isn't as unforseen as I thought it would be.

i only posted a couple of parts (because its a huge piece of literature) if you want consequences, here ya go

7. TERMINATION

If SCE determines that you have violated the terms of this Agreement, SCE may take all actions to protect its interests, including denial of any services such as warranty services and repair services provided for your PS3™ system and termination of your access to PlayStation®Network, implementation of upgrades or devices intended to discontinue unauthorized use, or reliance on any other remedial efforts as reasonably necessary to prevent the use of a modified PS3™ system, or any pirated material or equipment. SCE and its licensors reserve the right to bring legal action in the event of a violation of this Agreement. SCE reserves the right to participate in any government or private legal action or investigation relating to your conduct.

And yea its sucks to loose it but they for whatever reason felt they had to. And feel free to do whatever you want with your ps3 but i am sure if they want it off they will do all they can to keep it out. And as far as lawsuits go, they have themselves covered. Since they figured out what needed to be done to make that geo guys hack null-in-void.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

Let me say this: I am a huge Sony fan and bought tons of their games (look at my game collection and my post history). However I think this is a D**K move by Sony.
I don't know who decided on this but they absolutely pulled this out from their a$$
Also I think they are lying when they say its about piracy. This is all about gaining as much control over your platform as you possibly can. Every corporation is doing the same thing and they don't want to be left behind. They already removed this feature from the slim but they had to go and take it away from those of us who already had it, even though we were always going to be a minority. Thats why this such a moronic as well as vile move.
Well let me say that I am not going to upgrade to 3.21 I am also going to actively search for a bypass.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

JamaicameCRAZY said:
mirgro said:
JamaicameCRAZY said:

@mirgro

As for what you can do can do with the things you purchase, like your ps3. Look to your user license agreement.

PLEASE READ THIS SYSTEM SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS.

ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SYSTEM SOFTWARE IN THE SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT INC. ("SCE")'S PlayStation®3 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM UNIT ("PS3™ system") IS EXPRESSLY CONDITIONED UPON ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.

This Agreement is a contract with SCE. This Agreement applies to any system software or firmware included in the PS3™ system, and any patches, updates, upgrades, or new versions of the system software or firmware provided to or made available for your PS3™ system through any SCE service or online network, SCE website or PS3™ system game disc (software is collectively, "System Software").

2. RESTRICTIONS

You may not lease, rent, sublicense, publish, modify, adapt, or translate any portion of the System Software. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the System Software, or create any derivative works, or otherwise attempt to create System Software source code from its object code. You may not (i) use any unauthorized, illegal, counterfeit, or modified hardware or software in connection with the System Software, including use of tools to bypass, disable, or circumvent any encryption, security, or authentication mechanism for the PS3™ system; (ii) violate any laws, regulations or statutes, or rights of SCE, its affiliated companies, or third parties in connection with your access to or use of the System Software, including the access, use, or distribution of any software or hardware that you know or should have known to be infringing or pirated; (iii) use any hardware or software to cause the System Software to accept or use unauthorized, illegal, or pirated software or hardware; (iv) obtain the System Software in any manner other than through SCE's authorized distribution methods; or (v) exploit the System Software in any manner other than to use it in your PS3™ system in accordance with the accompanying documentation and with authorized software or hardware, including use of the System Software to design, develop, update, or distribute unauthorized software or hardware for use in connection with the PS3™ system for any reason. Without limiting the scope of SCE's remedies, any violation of these restrictions will void the PS3™ system's warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from SCE or its affiliated companies.

So whether you like it or not you do not own 100% of your ps3. Now whether you choose to ignore that fact is up to you.

And they have every right to protect their intrests just like you would if you were in their shoes.

You really need to read more. Notice that the only consequences of doing everything listed in that paragraph is that I will not be able to obtain warranty/repair service. So really, where exactly does it say I can't do anything I want in the PS3.

I also agree that they should pretect their interests, however the way they are doing is totally wrong. I haven't done anything wrong yet with the PS3, but now I am gonna do everything I can to keep all the features on the PS3, and it seems thare are already ways in existance. So all in all, SONY just blew a lot of steam and maybe got a lawsuit on its hands. Then again, this is SONY with their rootkit bullshit back in the day so maybe this isn't as unforseen as I thought it would be.

i only posted a couple of parts (because its a huge piece of literature) if you want consequences, here ya go

7. TERMINATION

If SCE determines that you have violated the terms of this Agreement, SCE may take all actions to protect its interests, including denial of any services such as warranty services and repair services provided for your PS3™ system and termination of your access to PlayStation®Network, implementation of upgrades or devices intended to discontinue unauthorized use, or reliance on any other remedial efforts as reasonably necessary to prevent the use of a modified PS3™ system, or any pirated material or equipment. SCE and its licensors reserve the right to bring legal action in the event of a violation of this Agreement. SCE reserves the right to participate in any government or private legal action or investigation relating to your conduct.

And yea its sucks to loose it but they for whatever reason felt they had to. And feel free to do whatever you want with your ps3 but i am sure if they want it off they will do all they can to keep it out. And as far as lawsuits go, they have themselves covered. Since they figured out what needed to be done to make that geo guys hack null-in-void.

Again, the only thing mentioned has been warranty and access to PSN. The access to PSN can also be moot if people are careful. I also don't think you realize that just because they can sue you in the ToS, doesn't mean they actually can. ToS doesn't negate legality or alter it.

@JamaicameCRAZY. Ya of course, Sony is a billion $ corporation and we are just individuals so if they want to take away our access to PSN for not updating to the latest firmware version they absolutely can. But remember that I have not ever bought anything pirated on Sony's hardware. I have also been an enthusiastic supporter of Sony in forums and websites and I am sure there are hundreds of thousands like me. If Sony starts taking loyal users like us for granted then that might ultimately prove to be a bigger revenue loss for them then whatever they gain by removing Linux access on the PS3. This is a question of impinging upon my individual freedom of using what I paid for.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

mirgro said:
JamaicameCRAZY said:
mirgro said:
JamaicameCRAZY said:

@mirgro

2. RESTRICTIONS

7. TERMINATION

Again, the only thing mentioned has been warranty and access to PSN. The access to PSN can also be moot if people are careful. I also don't think you realize that just because they can sue you in the ToS, doesn't mean they actually can. ToS doesn't negate legality or alter it.

I have stated in the very first post of mine this is a user license agreement.  And i believe this type of agreement that comes with the product you purchase and cannot see before you buy is referred to a shrink-wrap license and is legally binding but depends on jurisdiction, but most can be enforced.

And if they decide to take you to court or press charges i am sure they are not going to let your ps3 acompany you to the yard. What ese are you expecting them to take from you besides your warranty and psn accses?

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!