By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Greenberg: PS3 Browser 'An Absolute Nightmare', No Future 360 Web Surfing

I would hate to use any browser on a console even if it's "free" for PS3 owners. It's tedious and annoying and I certainly don't wanna be swapping a keyboard in with a mouse every time I want to use it. That's why we have laptops. Microsoft truly understands customer trends.

Around the Network

that's bad

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Asmo said:
CommonMan said:
Asmo said:
A Bad Clown said:
The browser sucks, I can drive to a library and go on the computers faster than it loads up Youtube. Who needs it when there's a computer availible? If you don't have one why the hell do you have internet? It would be better to do what XBL does and put dedicated support like Youtube, FaceBook, Twitter etc. on.

You're sure you have a PS3?

Why do you ask? Because he doesn't like the browser and thinks there is a better option? Clearly he's a biased fanboy.

No, because the PS3 has already apps like Youtube, Facebook and I think Twitter ( if not, will have ). The 360 doesn't have a Youtube app.

True, I might actually use a YouTube app too. Hmm, if the PS3 browser worked with NBC.com I'd use it, but 10 minutes later it still doesn't load the page. 10 minutes is too long to wait when I can stick an HDMI into my laptop and into my tv and have it up in 30 seconds.

CommonMan said:
Asmo said:
CommonMan said:
Asmo said:
A Bad Clown said:
The browser sucks, I can drive to a library and go on the computers faster than it loads up Youtube. Who needs it when there's a computer availible? If you don't have one why the hell do you have internet? It would be better to do what XBL does and put dedicated support like Youtube, FaceBook, Twitter etc. on.

Why do you ask? Because he doesn't like the browser and thinks there is a better option? Clearly he's a biased fanboy.

No, because the PS3 has already apps like Youtube, Facebook and I think Twitter ( if not, will have ). The 360 doesn't have a Youtube app.

True, I might actually use a YouTube app too. Hmm, if the PS3 browser worked with NBC.com I'd use it, but 10 minutes later it still doesn't load the page. 10 minutes is too long to wait when I can stick an HDMI into my laptop and into my tv and have it up in 30 seconds.

Maybe Sony is doing you a favor and trying to teach you patience! What other company cares so much about cultivating your personal virtues!?

OT: A bad browser is better than no browser, but it's pretty unusable to me. It's wayyy too slow for the sits I've checked with it.

r505Matt said:
CommonMan said:
Asmo said:
CommonMan said:
Asmo said:
A Bad Clown said:

Maybe Sony is doing you a favor and trying to teach you patience! What other company cares so much about cultivating your personal virtues!?

OT: A bad browser is better than no browser, but it's pretty unusable to me. It's wayyy too slow for the sits I've checked with it.

To the " A browser is better than no browser "comments. What good is a car with no wheels? Useless.

Console need streamlined user interfaces. Not clumsy unusable PC interfaces. Hence the birth of the fantastic Facebook, Twitter, LastFM and Sky player Apps for example. Looking forward to the entire Live community cheat and Guides Centre application M$ has coming.

Around the Network
selnor said:
r505Matt said:
CommonMan said:
Asmo said:
CommonMan said:
Asmo said:
A Bad Clown said:

To the " A browser is better than no browser "comments. What good is a car with no wheels? Useless.

Console need streamlined user interfaces. Not clumsy unusable PC interfaces. Hence the birth of the fantastic Facebook, Twitter, LastFM and Sky player Apps for example. Looking forward to the entire Live community cheat and Guides Centre application M$ has coming.

That's hardly an accurate analogy. The PS3 browser is still usable. Might be more accurate to say what good is a car with a top speed of 20 MPH? Both Sony, Microsoft and actually Nintendo use apps. Either way, they're still far behind Apple.

OMFG!

paying for online service that you dont get any feature that allows you to surft the net, while on the other hand we get that feature for Free.

yeh keep rooting for your beloved console.

Brennan said:
Squilliam said:
Impulsivity said:

Even though I understand Microsoft's motivation for trying to force you to buy a god awful media center PC to do a lot of the things the PS3 can do without any PC assistance, I still say no browser and limited functionality is a dick move.

All that to say that Microsoft is forcing to you buy a media centre PC? Oh dear!

The PS3 browser is useless next to a laptop and the majority of PCs sold nowadays are laptops so wheres the benefit again?

You mean it's useless the way the 360 is useless next to a PC which plays the same games but better ?

Ok, now I see what you mean.

I agree, but im assuming you meant PS360.

Tease.

It is a basic browser its not supposed to be like IE or Firefox not even Safri

meh, I just use the browser to watch vids, look for guides if I'm stuck somewhere in a game, or read manga, Sony just probably threw in the web browser feature for small purposes like these.