By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Retro making a Starfox for the Wii, Wii HDD, and Animal Crossing Wii

Here's a link to some of that news regarding the DVD-playability, from what I understand of it it's concerning a new SKU. I do remember reading about a Software solution to playing DVD's though. Give me a minute, I'll find a link to that too.

http://www.digitalbattle.com/2007/11/08/no-dvd-wii-this-year/

Around the Network

Lets create a new rumour. Pack in head set with SSBB!

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

Hey apparantly the claims for a software solutions were false. However it mentioned Sonic Media and a quick google returned more confirmation of a DVD-playing Wii straight from the source:

http://www.sonic.com/about/press/news/2006/11/nintendo.aspx

Nintendo Selects Sonic to Enable DVD Functionality in Future Version of Wii Console

DMeisterJ said:

Doing a DVD drive for the Wii is realistic, and would help but remember, this is Nintendo we're talking about, they may never use DVD's because of piracy.

How is enabling DVD playback related to game piracy?

Hey I just figured out, they should pack in the HDD add-on with Animal Crossing MMO. A pack in game never fails!

Around the Network
Nintendownsmii said:
If it is true I will never hear the end about how awesome Starfox is. Like I won't be hearing it enough when SSBB comes out.

there is no end at how awesome SSBB will be

Parokki said:
Retro Studios doing Star Fox sounds VERY good to me. I've never been a fan of the franchise, but a team as good as Retro is exactly the thing it needs to stop sucking.

Of course it's only a rumour based on what some guy thinks might happen, so I'm not holding my breath.

but wouldnt it be better if they made kid icarus

*~Onna76~* said:
Er what does that mean? Can I hub a HDD to my own WII as well? Not planning to buy "another" WII with an installed HDD.

i doubt nintendo would screw the wii owners that dont have a hdd(but asuming this is true)

leo-j said:
WTF will WIIHD have? 1080p with the same graphics? Its not really all that great if your system cannot produce nex gen graphics.

they're talking about wii hdd(hard drive) and not wii HD(high definition)

ssj12 said:
theres at least 1 starfox game each nintendo console (the GC had what.. 3...)

actually 2,star fox adventure and assault