By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Retro making a Starfox for the Wii, Wii HDD, and Animal Crossing Wii

Hard Disc Drive leo not High Definition

Around the Network

In other news, here's my thoughts on this.

Next summer, Nintendo will release a new Wii. This Wii will have DVD-playability and a built-in 10GB HDD.

Meanwhile, they will release a firmware update that allows "normal" Wii systems to use USB HDDs. The 10GB Wii will also be able to use USB HDDs.

They will redo their entire packaging scheme. The "normal" Wii will come with Wii Sports, Wii Fit, 1 Wii remote, 1 Nunchuck, and 1 Balance Board, selling for $230 ($229.99). The "Upgraded" Wii will contain Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Play, 2 Wii remotes, 2 Nunchucks, 1 Balance Board, 1 10GB HDD, and DVD playability. It will sell for $350 ($349.99).

Retro seems like the most viable contender for making the StarFox game. Being one of Nintendo's most skilled sci-fi developers, they ought to be the ones working with the classic franchises like Metroid and StarFox. They announced that they are taking a break from Samus, so they definitely have to be working on something else. I expect they have two projects under way - a new IP (I'm going to say it'll be a dual-release DS and Wii game with connectivity), and StarFox Wii.

Animal Crossing Wii is old-news, but I recall reading something about Nintendo claiming there will be no MMOs released by Nintendo for the Wii?

SW-5120-1900-6153

It would be awesome if they would make a Lylat Wars -type of game. But wasn't there a rumor Retro Studios working on Kid Icarus already? If both are true, KI should be ready at Q1 2008.
Nothing bad with HDD and MMO would propably be good for Wii sales. Though, i'm not interested in the MMO.

MMO AC and HDD reminded me about the chinese market, MMO:s sell good in China, and if you want to make money in China, you need downloadable content.

@Leo-j: What are you talking about? What does Hard Disc Drive have to do with high-definion graphics?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

i really hope the hdd is true

The HDD has to be true. With Wiiware we are going to need more space. Starfox Wii has pretty much been confirmed already but by Retro? Interesting.

Does anyone know of any rumors that suggest a Wii headset. I really want one bad.

Around the Network

theres at least 1 starfox game each nintendo console (the GC had what.. 3...)

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

thetonestarr said:
They will redo their entire packaging scheme. The "normal" Wii will come with Wii Sports, Wii Fit, 1 Wii remote, 1 Nunchuck, and 1 Balance Board, selling for $230 ($229.99). The "Upgraded" Wii will contain Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Play, 2 Wii remotes, 2 Nunchucks, 1 Balance Board, 1 10GB HDD, and DVD playability. It will sell for $350 ($349.99).

Why on earthy would Nintendo lower their price by 20 dollars when it's already selling out as fast as they can make it with the current load-out and price?  Why would nintendo lower their price by 20 dollars after adding in a new peripherial and game that they can (and will) sell by the droves for 80 some dollars?  

All that they would really be doing is lowering their per-console profit margin by a sizable portion because they are putting in more stuff (with separate profit potential on its own) in addition to lowering the price before the market demands it.  

I just don't see that happening at all.    They may release an upgraded Wii with DVD playback and a harddrive, but I have no idea where you're getting the idea that they will package wii fit into it and somehow sell it for anything less that 249, if not more.  

Starfox for Wii!!

*orgasm*

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

A HDD would help.

mM

Is Animal Crossing Wii going to be as huge in Japan as Animal Crossing DS and will it shift Wii consoles?