By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you work for a company of 26 and get healthcare, someone's fired!

Legend11 said:

I hate thread with deceptive titles.  Where's the information showing that all companies in the US with 26 employees is going to fire someone?  All I see is TheRealMafoo with yet another post crying because there's not enough corporate welfare for his liking. 

TheRealMafoo you need to stop and actually take a look at what you're posting.  I mean I never thought for example that I would see someone post and be upset over what amounted to a tax loophole for business being closed but you did just that.

Not enough corporate welfare for my liking? LOL. Funny how when the government takes from you for a long time, then when they take less from you it's welfare. It's like if I kicked someones ass 4 times a day, and then went down to 3, I all the sudden became a nice guy.

As for the second statement. I am 100% against welfare. I think it's a bad program that needs to go away. Now, if I became president, I would not just kill it (I don't even think I can, but that's not the point).

This country has made people dependent on government, and when you do that, the government needs to remove it responsibly. You don't just kill something that people have grown to depend on, even if it was a stupid thing to do in the first place.

And as for saying my title is deceptive... it does not take a rocket scientist to figure it out. If they were going to make rape legal, and I posted about how that was going to cause a lot of woman to be sexually assaulted, would you ask for a link and call my title misleading?

People are in business to make money, and 43 grand is a lot of money.

Around the Network

Oh, and this law will probably be overturned. It's unconstitutional. If they want to keep this, they have to give every company a tax break for the first 25 employees. They can't charge one company more then another.

It's like personal income tax. someone making 15,000 a year pays the same taxes on that 15,000 then someone making 100,000 does.

When you enter a new tax braket, your only taxed on the additional income. They will have to apply that same rule here.

@theRealMafoo

So... do you actually play videogames? cause we have a whole site besides the offtopic section.. about videogames.. ;)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Where as before they were all one serious illness away from declaring bankruptcy.

We get it Mafoo. You really don't like this law.

You've made more topics about it than PS3 did about Taylor Swift.

Around the Network
Rath said:
We get it Mafoo. You really don't like this law.

You've made more topics about it than PS3 did about Taylor Swift.

This sums up my thoughts. Another day, another thread from Mafoo bitching about the healthcare bill. Give it a break. Seriously. We know you don't like it. And we're not trying to force liking it down your throat here. So stop trying to force your hate on the forum.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

I thought you would go to new Zealand?

^^' if you put so much effort in trying to go their as makind threads about healthcare you would already be their.

Doesn't matter.

The number of jobs in the economy are decided by supply and demand.  If there is demand for work and there aren't enough people to do that work, then jobs will be created.  If one company doesn't hire, then another company will until equilibrium is reached (or rather it will fluctuate slightly above and below equilibrium).

Same thing goes for the argument that rich people provide jobs so they shouldn't be taxed, another argument I hear from liberal economicists.  If the demand for jobs is there, people will be hired.  If the demand for jobs isn't there, then people will not be hired.  The only thing taxes can do is change what goods are in demand, from government public work projects to high end resturants to low end clothing.

http://www.emigratenz.org/healthcare-migrants-newzealand.html

How do I pay for my healthcare in New Zealand?
New Zealand's healthcare system is funded mainly through general taxation. Treatments are usually free or subsidised. Medical treatment is generally very good. Private healthcare is also available.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

NJ5 said:

It seems they need some mathematicians to put some smoothing formulas into the law, rather than having those sudden discontinuities.

edit - and by mathematicians I mean anyone who knows high school maths well :P

That is... REALLY stupid.