By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you work for a company of 26 and get healthcare, someone's fired!

TheRealMafoo said:

A little healthcare fun fact.

if you have a company with 25 or less employees, and the average income is less then $40,000 a year, you will get 35% of the cost of healthcare from government.

if you have 26 employees, you get nothing. That's right, not a god damn thing.

So, if the average life insurance policy cost $5000, a company of 26's least valuable employee better be worth an additional $43,750. Because that's what it cost to keep him. If you have 27, the two least better be worth an additional $21,875 each, or they are both gone.

Good stuff.

You're underestimating the effects.  If I ran a company of 35 people, that alone is a HUGE financial incentive for me to make 10 of those people contractors and not employees.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Around the Network

does everyone really have to come in here and tell mafoo "we get it. you don't like the bill." Instead of posting that, if you're sick of his topics, just don't get into them. If you're going to respond, say something useful.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

it's ok Avalach21, I do post a lot about this. Thanks for the comment though.

i am 40. I have lived a while, and the biggest leap from what the US uses to be in my lifetime happened last week. Sorry if I seem to talk to much about it, but I am not going to stop.

@NiKKoM
Yes. I have a gaming PC, PS3, 360, and Wii. I have little use for these forums anymore with respect to games. I have posted a few times in here in the last few months, but not much. But, being I have been here for years, and like debating with the regular crowed, this is where I like to post.

@Lostplanet22
I am headed to New Zealand in 32 days. I will be there two weeks. I am going to tour the north island and check out all the places I could posable live (where they have work for me). I am also just going to check out the culture, and see if it seems like a great place to live.

@Mr Khan
I realize New Zealand has socialized health insurance, but so does everyone now. New Zealand is also the least corrupt government in the world. My main reason for leaving, is I pay around 30,000-40,000 a year in taxes. If I am going to pay that kind of coin to a government, I mine as well pay one that works.

If every government is now going to be providing services, I will treat governments like I treat retail stores. If you suck, I will not do business with you. The return on my investment in the US is just horrible. Time to shop around.

Kasz216 said:
NJ5 said:

It seems they need some mathematicians to put some smoothing formulas into the law, rather than having those sudden discontinuities.

edit - and by mathematicians I mean anyone who knows high school maths well :P

That is... REALLY stupid.

What do you mean? My post or the discontinuities?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

im_sneaky said:
I thought everything was owned by giant corporations that have 10,000+ employees? I mean really, what kind of business is run with 26 people these days? The kind of business that won't exist soon, that's what!

ummm no

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Kasz216 said:
NJ5 said:

It seems they need some mathematicians to put some smoothing formulas into the law, rather than having those sudden discontinuities.

edit - and by mathematicians I mean anyone who knows high school maths well :P

That is... REALLY stupid.

What do you mean? My post or the discontinuities?

The discontinuities of course... I don't see how I could find a smoothing formula stupid.