By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you work for a company of 26 and get healthcare, someone's fired!

A little healthcare fun fact.

if you have a company with 25 or less employees, and the average income is less then $40,000 a year, you will get 35% of the cost of healthcare from government.

if you have 26 employees, you get nothing. That's right, not a god damn thing.

So, if the average life insurance policy cost $5000, a company of 26's least valuable employee better be worth an additional $43,750. Because that's what it cost to keep him. If you have 27, the two least better be worth an additional $21,875 each, or they are both gone.

Good stuff.

Around the Network

I thought everything was owned by giant corporations that have 10,000+ employees? I mean really, what kind of business is run with 26 people these days? The kind of business that won't exist soon, that's what!

im_sneaky said:
I thought everything was owned by giant corporations that have 10,000+ employees? I mean really, what kind of business is run with 26 people these days? The kind of business that won't exist soon, that's what!

Actually, about 70% of Americans are employed in small businesses. Large corporations have a lot more power each, but America has so many little guys they collectively contribute more to the economy.

3DS - 2277 - 6636 - 6675 WiiU - Vectorferret
(Write on wall or PM if adding)

We get it, you hate the health care plan that was just passed.

Makes common sense. If the marginal costs go up, then the companies will require a higher marginal revenue.

Around the Network

You're obsessed with politics, no?

im_sneaky said:

Heh, ever heard of small businesses? o_O

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It seems they need some mathematicians to put some smoothing formulas into the law, rather than having those sudden discontinuities.

edit - and by mathematicians I mean anyone who knows high school maths well :P

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Nah the only mathematical operation that politicians know how to do is counting money they get from lobbists.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I hate threads with deceptive titles.  Where's the information showing that all companies in the US with 26 employees are going to fire someone?  All I see is TheRealMafoo with yet another post crying because there's not enough corporate welfare for his liking. 

TheRealMafoo you need to stop and actually take a look at what you're posting.  I mean I never thought for example that I would see someone post and be upset over what amounted to a tax loophole for business being closed but you did just that.