By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 3 Games that can show what the PS3 can do

Squilliam said:
Icyedge said:
Squilliam said:
The Xbox 360 can do all those games perhaps with lower visual effects due to how they are optimised for the PS3. If you say that lower visual effects would take away significantly from the game then either they would be by far better released on PC or they are terrible games to play, take your pick.

If your tired of baseless argument a post like this surely doesnt help the situation.

Whats baseless about this? The fact that you don't like the truth?

Either

A. Said OMG amazing PS3 exclusives would suck if we removed 10-20% of the visual fidelity. This implies they are all graphics.

or

B. Said OMG amazing PS3 exclusives would be OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMFG amazing on the PC. This implies you ought to get your amazing visuals from the PC.

Take your pick.

lol you serious? This thread was nothing about baseless argument before you posted. People were simply stating their 3 PS3 games of choice they think couldnt be made on another console. And then you started the baseless argument about those games could be done on another console or way better on PC. Whatever if its true or not, it doesnt change the fact that most of the time, its you that start baseless argument because you dont like what people say or think. Did you read an argument before your first post? I sure didnt!

Around the Network

GOW3, U2 and Killzone. Yep, boring I know, the same ole three but what can I say.

Only got HR last week as it was sold out during the first couple weeks in the UK so really can't make a call until I play it.

Borrowed MAG for a couple days and it was better than I thought. To get all that multiplayer action going on must take some ooomph.

I really didn't mean to bring other consoles into my post....but, people should stick to the here and now when making arguments.

Talking about what x360, PS3 or wii can do is pointless until they actually do it.

The PS3 can do 256 multiplayer. It has done it.

Can the x360? Maybe, I don't know. Can it do GOWIII graphics, maybe.
Until it does it then all that technical BS don't mean squat.

Icyedge said:

lol you serious? This thread was nothing about baseless argument before you posted. People were simply stating their 3 PS3 games of choice they think couldnt be made on another console. And then you started the baseless argument about those games could be done on another console or way better on PC. Whatever if its true or not, it doesnt change the fact that most of the time, its you that start baseless argument because you dont like what people say or think. Did you read an argument before your first post? I sure didnt!

I fight evil whereever I see it. If you don't want an argument from me then don't write contentious words. The OP had such evil in it so I set about to destroy it.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Icyedge said:

I fight evil whereever I see it. If you don't want an argument from me then don't write contentious words. The OP had such evil in it so I set about to destroy it.

Heres are the exact words copy and paste from the OP:

"My 3 games are God of War 3, Uncharted 2, and Killzone 2. I dont believe any of these games can be done on any other console. What are your 3 games?"

Take a minute to read them again. Still EVIL?

Also, why were you saying earlier that your tired of baseless argument?

Now you openly say that your fighting evil and that we shouldnt select words you could find contentious if we dont wanna start an argument. It never ends, theres always an argument. Are you sure its not you who is contentious?

Icyedge said:
Squilliam said:
Icyedge said:

"My 3 games are God of War 3, Uncharted 2, and Killzone 2. I dont believe any of these games can be done on any other console. What are your 3 games?"

Now you openly say that your fighting evil and that we shouldnt select words you could find contentious if we dont wanna start an argument. It never ends, theres always an argument. Are you sure its not you who is contentious?

Ok, can we drop this please?  You are just feeding the troll by responding to him (even though I understand his point, he is still trolling IMO).

Around the Network
Icyedge said:
Squilliam said:
Icyedge said:

Wasn't really needed. Also could you please stop quoting me I haven't come back here except when my hot topics shine red.

Tease.

sony had too many o_O not only 3

Squilliam said:
Icyedge said:

I found a theme song for you

LOL, ok now its my fault that you troll because I quote you...

hasanwhy said:
Squilliam said:
hasanwhy said:
Squilliam said:

Here I'll spell it out for you worst case scenario even.

PS3 uber game runs @ 720P

Xbox 360 runs said game @ 25% lower resolution which proportionally frees up 25% of the shader performance, which is ~70Gflops worth.

Xbox 360 can run said uber game, but just at a lower resolution.

Thus your 50Gflops deficit are accounted for and the Xbox 360 can run said game.

Dude, you just proved my point. I wasn't trying to say that the 360 can't play those games, but rather it can't play those games at the same level of scale. You would have to water down the super-uber game for it to work on the 360. 

Nope. I said worst case scenario, the reality is infact somewhere between the two. Until multiplatform games show any advantage, let alone a decisive advantage for the PS3 in terms of frame-rates/visual effects the verdict remains that they are about the same computationally. Besides this every game is watered down to some extent, even exclusives relative to what my PC is capable of so im not sure why some marginal difference needs to be over-exagerated.

It's still a pretty good difference between the two. Anyway, I keep hearing the same argument over and over again from whatever website or forum I visit. That its the multiplats that make the difference. In my opinion, I don't really think that multiplatform games could really show the public a decisive difference/advantage for any console. I would have to compare the exclusives. That's just my opinion. I don't really think the PS3 can take whatever software you give to it and transform it to some uber game. That's just not possible without taking that software and optimizing it specifically for that console. 

What did you say last gen when the annoying Xbox fanatics bragged about the amazing graphics of the Xbox and system quality compared to the PS2?