By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Surfer Girl 'credibility' and 'questions' thread

konnichiwa said:
Soriku said:
Sooo...any more questions?

What do she think about VGCHARTZ?

good one!  Seriously, ask her that.

Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
konnichiwa said:
Like PS2 owners on European forums who are working or trying to save money for a PS3 to get KH3 (some of them already bought one).

I'm kinda hoping KH3 goes to Wii just to teach the fanboys a lesson in not buying consoles for games not announced and not gauranteed for them.

A couple of Monster Hunter freaks learned that lesson the hard way.

Er sorry but isn't that suppose to be the reason to buy a console for "the games" and especially "exclusive games"? That's kind of nonsense. Nintendo fanboys buy their consoles also before even a Mario Galaxy or a Super Smash Bros were supposed to release, oh yeah... but then again... those games are so exlusives you have to bomb the entire Nintendo unit to get your hands on these games when being Microsoft / Sony.

You have Star Ocean IV in your sig, you do realize to which console this game (hopefully) is hitting to? At least that ain't the WII. 

Difference is... Mario is First Party. To buy a game because you expect a third party sequel to be put on a certain console when it hasn't even been announced yet is pure folly.

Heck i'd say it's stupid to buy a system based on a first party sequel as well unless you see some serious footage of it before hand.  Though atleast you know for a fact it Mario ain't comin on the Wii it likely isn't coming at all.

I mean, look at all the info there was on Earthbound 64, screenshots everything... got canceled.

Then they didn't even bring Earthbound 3 to the US and Europe in English.

Bastards.

jhlennon1 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
FF7 remake isn't happening anytime soon.

No, because the team are on FFXIII but once that's finished. The remake will happen, inevitably, and it better be PS3 exclusive or I'll be so pissed off with Sony.

Of course though, this is relying on the fact that the XIII games will be successful. If FFXIII bombs then no more FF for Sony and at the moment Japan are not installing me with a lot of confidence.

Thanks Soriku

It'll probably be on the DS if anything. Heh hopefully they REALLY remake it... remake the graphics so they arn't ugly... remake the plot so it makes sense... remake the characters so they arn't annoying... remake the difficulty level so it isn't silly easy without any sort of level grinding.

Kasz216 said:
jhlennon1 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

No, because the team are on FFXIII but once that's finished. The remake will happen, inevitably, and it better be PS3 exclusive or I'll be so pissed off with Sony.

Of course though, this is relying on the fact that the XIII games will be successful. If FFXIII bombs then no more FF for Sony and at the moment Japan are not installing me with a lot of confidence.

Thanks Soriku

It'll probably be on the DS if anything. Heh hopefully they REALLY remake it... remake the graphics so they arn't ugly... remake the plot so it makes sense... remake the characters so they arn't annoying... remake the difficulty level so it isn't silly easy without any sort of level grinding.

Thank you for your FFVII hate post and please don't forget how it outsold everything in it's path to turn the FF franchise into a international megahit and has become the most wanted Remake ever.

And on the DS? LOL. That will never happen.

jhlennon1 said:
Kasz216 said:
jhlennon1 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Of course though, this is relying on the fact that the XIII games will be successful. If FFXIII bombs then no more FF for Sony and at the moment Japan are not installing me with a lot of confidence.

Thanks Soriku

Thank you for your FFVII hate post and please don't forget how it outsold everything in it's path to turn the FF franchise into a international megahit and has become the most wanted Remake ever.

And on the DS? LOL. That will never happen.

Why would I forget that?  I was there and I was part of those sales.  It's not like sales = quality however.  It's mostly remembered so positivly because the advertising blitz got a whole group of people into RPGs who didn't play RPGS before.  That and it was one of the first, if not the first to use FMV's which wowed people and for some reason was considered to make up for the horrific in game graphics.

Mostly it was a joke however there was so much wrong with that game however that it honestly is about the only game i'd be glad to see an actual remake of... it is, the ugliest game i've ever seen comparative to the console it's on.

The graphics being the prime offender, because the in game gameplay graphics were just a train wreck... tweaking up the difficulty level a little bit would help as well.

Normally I'm much more a fan of just direct ports myself. 

Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
konnichiwa said:
Like PS2 owners on European forums who are working or trying to save money for a PS3 to get KH3 (some of them already bought one).

I'm kinda hoping KH3 goes to Wii just to teach the fanboys a lesson in not buying consoles for games not announced and not gauranteed for them.

A couple of Monster Hunter freaks learned that lesson the hard way.

Er sorry but isn't that suppose to be the reason to buy a console for "the games" and especially "exclusive games"? That's kind of nonsense. Nintendo fanboys buy their consoles also before even a Mario Galaxy or a Super Smash Bros were supposed to release, oh yeah... but then again... those games are so exlusives you have to bomb the entire Nintendo unit to get your hands on these games when being Microsoft / Sony.

You have Star Ocean IV in your sig, you do realize to which console this game (hopefully) is hitting to? At least that ain't the WII. 

That's why I said not announced and not gauranteed. Galaxy and Brawl were announced and seen before Wii launched, people who bought the console knew these games were coming in a matter of months. And even games like Zelda are guaranteed. We all know there's going to be another Zelda for theWii built from the ground up, that's guaranteed.

People buying PS3 for Kingdom Hearts 3 on the other hand don't have either privilege. KH is not announced to appear on PS3 in any shape or form and it's certainly not gauranteed with the PS3's current situation and SE's tendency to abandon ship at blazing speeds. Unless Sony buys the rights to KH or has some exclusive contract no one should be puttign that much money down on a console for an exclusive that doesn't yet exist.

On the matter of SO4, I have no idea where it's going. I'm leaning towards PS3 but like I said early, SE abandons platforms pretty fast. If FFXIII fails to deliver the way they wanted it to...I can't see them pumping even more money into smaller (but more awesome) franchises like Star Ocean to meet a similar fate.

And even then who says it's not going to pull a Monster Hunter 3 and jump to another platform exclusively? MH3 shook some people up, and I think KH3 is really the one that's going to rock the industry with where it's going.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Square-Enix goes where the money is... Look at the DS, it has more S-E games than PSP yet it's a Nintendo product. If the PSP was selling more than DS, majority of the games would be on it.

But also S-E are graphic whores... So if FF fails on PS3 I'm not sure where they will go. As I see too, they're making more and more games for other platforms (even 360), that reflects their nature.

Anyways, I don't know if this person is right or wrong but if what she answered to those questions truely happens, well I'll be most likely to belive in the future.

I would be tempted to ask so stuff but I'm 100% sure it's still too early. (Zelda related)

Ask her about Double Dragon. I wanna know if this game is dead forever.
Ask about a new Brave Fencer Musashi from SE.
Last, ask her if SE will have some dignity and leave Chrono franchise dead after they made that abomination called Chrono Cross.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Belive what you want and I belive what I want... I think the stuff that happens now just shows how addicted to graphics they are. They could switch their main FF to Wii but they don't... Sony doesn't own them they can do what they want...

Anyways, this isn't what the thread is about so even if you reply back I won't bother.

*posts in next page*