By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Surfer Girl 'credibility' and 'questions' thread

Hmmff... my questions are not even posted, what a b...

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

So I got a respone back for my questions.

When will we see Animal Crossing Wii?
Animal Crossing Wii is coming 2009.

Any other big exclusives for the Wiiware channel besides the FF:CC game?
Third-party exclusives? Not many.

Next generation Monster Rancher?
Don't know.

Summoner 3?
No.

Dark Cloud 3 ?
Probable.

If/When are Opoona and Dragon Quest Swords coming to the US?
Next year.

My take- Not a lot of specifics but certainly more info than I had. Particularly Animal Crossing which many had speculated would be the big Holiday 2008 game for Nintendo. Some people may say Opoona and DQS were locks but nothing was confirmed yet, and Opoona bombed hard in Japan. Considering it was a variety crap pack of questions I am satisfied. She even admitted to not knowing the answer to one rather than make something up, which gives her more credit in my book.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

dschumm said:
Some people may say Opoona and DQS were locks but nothing was confirmed yet, and Opoona bombed hard in Japan.

Didn't Reggie said at last E3 that DQS will be released in early 2008 in USA ?

I think so ... 

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

celine said:
dschumm said:
Some people may say Opoona and DQS were locks but nothing was confirmed yet, and Opoona bombed hard in Japan.

Didn't Reggie said at last E3 that DQS will be released in early 2008 in USA ?

I think so ...

Maybe, nd I think the next issue of nintendo power will review it, but I tried to lay out a variety of easy to hard question. Some of them I already had a clue, some not. Some soon, some not. All to get a better reading on the credibility question this thread was about as well as satify my curiosity.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

KH Team. Duh. And we'll see how far production might get hopefully. But at least she said Wii. Good enough for me.

Well, since they are busy with Versus XIII and will be for another 12mths+ you won't even hear anything KH3 related so 2011 is the earliest.... So basically it will be a game that ends a generation, since 2011 and 2012 will be the down years of the generation. Great S-E support that.

Around the Network

if you had one duracell battery and one panasonic battery in a wiimote - how long would they last?

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

Question I asked:

Hi surfergirl,

Just wondering if you have any insight into the much anticipated jedi lightsaber battle game in the Wii version of Force Unleashed.
Do you know if it will indeed be every SW fans wet dream come true - sorta like Halo with force powers and lightsabers or closer to a crappy add-on?

Thanks

gamerace

Her reply:

Hey gamerace,

More crappy add-on from what I've heard.

Thanks for reading,
surfer girl

This won't convince any skeptics, but interesting if disappointing never-the-less.

What? You can't leave the poor girl alone? Just kidding... I asked her something else already.

How about will Kirby get a real game for Wii? Is it in the works? When?

Soriku said:
Sooo...any more questions?

When I get my FFVII answer I will ask some more.

Soriku said:
Sooo...any more questions?

What do she think about VGCHARTZ?