By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It only does everything - Challenge

The I-Phone doesn't have a HDMI port.

The PS3 has a memory stick, compact flash, and SD card reader.

Buttons!!!

Free video calls.

Upgradable hard drive

PSP and PS3 Remote Play.

Umm that's all I can think of at the moment.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
Alic0004 said:
Err... play PS3 games?

Give it time. A PS3 emulator will arrive within the next decade.

PC and iPhone games don't have rumble feature.

Rainbird said:
Fufinu said:
Rainbird said:
Anyone who says 'PS3 games' isn't getting the point. PS3 games are just videogames, something both the PC and iPhone are quite capable of playing. Playing videogames is not something that is exclusive to the PS3.

Then try running Killzone 2 on an iPhone.

With your line of reasoning only does everything categories would include games, word processing, video streaming and playing (but not referring to specific media) and connection.

Heck even my crappy first generation Nokia mobile phone would do that through games (snake), word processing (text messages), video streaming (yeah kind of) and connections (with Bluetooth and Infrared - wonder what happened to that!).

Yes, your crappy old Nokia can do that too. The differentiator here is that the PS3 is so much newer, that it is so much better at it. But that's not really the case with the iPhone and the PC. The only "real" difference is the power you have on the PS3 vs. the iPhone, but the iPhone is still very much a viable choice for playing games.

What I meant was that if you reduce a concept such as 'game' to ridiculous levels (such as Snake games or Pong) then many systems do what the modern systems are doing (both iPhone and PS3). This however does not mean that they are equal. Quantitative improvements in this case are so gigantic that I would consider them different.

Whether there is a similar leap between iPhone and PS3 is of course more debatable. However I would say that there is - taking Street Fighter 4 as an example, the game is available on both systems. However, I wouldn't say that they are comparable as the console (and PC versions) are in a really different league. Bottom line is, that the way PS3 handles games is very different than the the way the iPhone does and that is already something that the PS3 can do, but the iPhone cannot (at that level due to limitations in controls, storage capacity, etc.).

Kevin Butler

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

The iPhone can't cure cancer (but I suppose the PC can).

Grill meat?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
The iPhone can't cure cancer (but I suppose the PC can).

Grill meat?

I've seen a hotplate that gets it's power from a dozen or so USB ports, so yes the PC can even do that.

Fufinu said:
Rainbird said:
Fufinu said:
Rainbird said:
Anyone who says 'PS3 games' isn't getting the point. PS3 games are just videogames, something both the PC and iPhone are quite capable of playing. Playing videogames is not something that is exclusive to the PS3.

With your line of reasoning only does everything categories would include games, word processing, video streaming and playing (but not referring to specific media) and connection.

Heck even my crappy first generation Nokia mobile phone would do that through games (snake), word processing (text messages), video streaming (yeah kind of) and connections (with Bluetooth and Infrared - wonder what happened to that!).

Yes, your crappy old Nokia can do that too. The differentiator here is that the PS3 is so much newer, that it is so much better at it. But that's not really the case with the iPhone and the PC. The only "real" difference is the power you have on the PS3 vs. the iPhone, but the iPhone is still very much a viable choice for playing games.

What I meant was that if you reduce a concept such as 'game' to ridiculous levels (such as Snake games or Pong) then many systems do what the modern systems are doing (both iPhone and PS3). This however does not mean that they are equal. Quantitative improvements in this case are so gigantic that I would consider them different.

Whether there is a similar leap between iPhone and PS3 is of course more debatable. However I would say that there is - taking Street Fighter 4 as an example, the game is available on both systems. However, I wouldn't say that they are comparable as the console (and PC versions) are in a really different league. Bottom line is, that the way PS3 handles games is very different than the the way the iPhone does and that is already something that the PS3 can do, but the iPhone cannot (at that level due to limitations in controls, storage capacity, etc.).

Even if the PS3 and iPhone aren't comparable in power, the PS3 and PC certainly are which renders this discussion irrelevant.

Rainbird said:
Fufinu said:
Rainbird said:
Fufinu said:
Rainbird said:

Even if the PS3 and iPhone aren't comparable in power, the PS3 and PC certainly are which renders this discussion irrelevant.

The PC is renowned for its flexibility. If it cannot do something, an add-on, software or hardware, will allow it do it. As an off-the-box product, however, the PS3 does a hell lot of things.

I think it would be crazy to argue that the PS3 can do something which a high-end PC could not. Except run God of War 2 of course.

the MAC seriously does nothing the most useless and overpriced OS out there.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.