By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It only does everything - Challenge

It can push 1.8 Teraflops of raw computing power.

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
Fufinu said:
Rainbird said:
Anyone who says 'PS3 games' isn't getting the point. PS3 games are just videogames, something both the PC and iPhone are quite capable of playing. Playing videogames is not something that is exclusive to the PS3.

Then try running Killzone 2 on an iPhone.

With your line of reasoning only does everything categories would include games, word processing, video streaming and playing (but not referring to specific media) and connection.

Heck even my crappy first generation Nokia mobile phone would do that through games (snake), word processing (text messages), video streaming (yeah kind of) and connections (with Bluetooth and Infrared - wonder what happened to that!).

Yes, your crappy old Nokia can do that too. The differentiator here is that the PS3 is so much newer, that it is so much better at it. But that's not really the case with the iPhone and the PC. The only "real" difference is the power you have on the PS3 vs. the iPhone, but the iPhone is still very much a viable choice for playing games.

the iphone is pretty crappy for playing games. Touchscreen is not a very good input method for gaming... Atleast not in any form that we currently have.

Check out my game about moles ^

Staude - Iphone supports flash (not perfectly albeit) http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/01/hack-enables-flash-on-iphone/

As for the games thing, can we just drop it. This is clearly a response to the Playstation 3 "it only does everything" ads. So we're starting with the assumption that the Ps3 can do everything, and then showing that the Iphone too can do everything (except remotely turn on a console/pc or run flash that wasn't designed with the Iphone in mind) If the only thing you can think of that the PS3 can do that the Iphone can't is play PS3 games

Folding is a good point, one which I had actually forgotten the PS3 could do

The I-Phone doesn't have a HDMI port. - that's not something you do, that's how you do something. You say "I'm going to go watch a movie" You do not say "I'm going to get my device to output in the hdmi format" The Iphone can be used to view content on a large tv or monitor, so no points for that

The PS3 has a memory stick, compact flash, and SD card reader. - Welcome to 2006? Didn't they kill all those features off?

Buttons!!! - that's not something you do, that's how you do something. You say "I'm going to go play a game now" You do not say "I'm going to push some buttons now"

Free video calls. - incorrect, Iphone and PC both can use skype, which is free (unless you have to pay for your internet, but that's the same for the PS3)

Upgradable hard drive - I'll grant you that

PSP and PS3 Remote Play. - Already covered and agreed with

scottie said:
Staude - Iphone supports flash (not perfectly albeit) http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/01/hack-enables-flash-on-iphone/

As for the games thing, can we just drop it. This is clearly a response to the Playstation 3 "it only does everything" ads. So we're starting with the assumption that the Ps3 can do everything, and then showing that the Iphone too can do everything (except remotely turn on a console/pc or run flash that wasn't designed with the Iphone in mind) If the only thing you can think of that the PS3 can do that the Iphone can't is play PS3 games

Folding is a good point, one which I had actually forgotten the PS3 could do

The I-Phone doesn't have a HDMI port. - that's not something you do, that's how you do something. You say "I'm going to go watch a movie" You do not say "I'm going to get my device to output in the hdmi format" The Iphone can be used to view content on a large tv or monitor, so no points for that

The PS3 has a memory stick, compact flash, and SD card reader. - Welcome to 2006? Didn't they kill all those features off?

Buttons!!! - that's not something you do, that's how you do something. You say "I'm going to go play a game now" You do not say "I'm going to push some buttons now"

Free video calls. - incorrect, Iphone and PC both can use skype, which is free (unless you have to pay for your internet, but that's the same for the PS3)

Upgradable hard drive - I'll grant you that

PSP and PS3 Remote Play. - Already covered and agreed with

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

babuks said:
PC and iPhone games don't have rumble feature.

PC does.... iPhone doesn't.....