By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Race is on - 360 vrs PS3 (holiday '07)

@ NJ5

MikeB is just diluting the thread without giving any reasons (or even directly claiming, maybe to avoid being called on it) that USA will be less important in Christmas than it has been throughout the year regarding current gen console sales.

Just reread the thread, I was just trying to correct and comment on some statements. IMO the survey's I have added to this thread has been the most interesting information so far. I would applaud people to digg up more stuff like that.

I'm not speculating we will see more console sales in PAL regions than in the US for this Christmas (the data I provided with regarding the previous generation does show there's relevance with regard to lifetime sales). Just reread before making cheapshots will ya?

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
MikeB said:
@ NJ5

MikeB is just diluting the thread without giving any reasons (or even directly claiming, maybe to avoid being called on it) that USA will be less important in Christmas than it has been throughout the year regarding current gen console sales.

Just reread the thread, I was just trying to correct and comment on some statements. IMO the survey's I have added to this thread has been the most interesting information so far. I would applaud people to digg up more stuff like that.

I'm not speculating we will see more console sales in PAL regions than in the US for this Christmas (the data I provided with regarding the previous generation does show there's relevance with regard to lifetime sales). Just reread before making cheapshots will ya?

I'm not taking cheapshots. I'm calling your attempt (purposeful or not) to dilute the thread into an irrelevant discussion, without even giving any reasons why you think it's important. I think it all started with this post:

MikeB said:
@ Eugene

Sony may have a slightly better grip in Europe and a much much better grip in Japan, but the US is by far the largest market.

The US isn't a bigger market than the rest of the world. Looking at PS2s shipped for the the Americas (of which the US takes up a majority share) 47.68 million consoles have been shipped, for PAL territories it is 44.79 million and for Japan alone it is 25.42 million. Neglecting much of the world 44.79 + 25.42 is still > 47.68

Now tell me exactly why you think this is relevant for this thread. In case you need a reminder to prepare your case, this thread is about holiday season sales of 360 vs PS3.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

For comparisons, think about this, Microsoft just bought out a online advertising comany last year Alquantive for 6.5 billion and their thinking of buying out Yahoo for 8 billion. and last quarter, they posted almost 5 billion dollars in profit.

Id say their investment in xbox was worth it. Its a 40 billion dollar industry

@ NJ5 

Or maybe they could get a second job and buy 24 million PS3s? See, I can troll too.

You don't know what trolling is. Your personally tainted cheapshots is a much better example of trolling.

And BTW due to Microsoft's Windows monopoly they can easily afford 45 million PS3s from just 1 year profits (makes me wonder why their support and XBox 360 reliability is below standards).

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

I've already explained above why I'm not taking cheapshots at you, so please reply to that (or don't) and let's get back on topic. Holiday 2007 PS3 vs 360 sales.

It costed them 6 billion dollars to enter the market in 2001, how much would it cost to enter today? 15 billion dollars? The sooner they did it the cheaper. Its like land, the value keeps going up every year.

@ NJ5

Now tell me exactly why you think this is relevant for this thread. In case you need a reminder to prepare your case, this thread is about holiday season sales of 360 vs PS3.

I live in Europe and the US market isn't bigger (and certainly not so than the rest of the world), I'm just the type of guy to correct such misconceptions, like it or not.

I've already explained above why I'm not taking cheapshots at you

You could have pointed your arrows at other people which disputed the facts I was providing, but I think you are just a fanboy and don't like it I am supportive towards the PS3.

PS3 vs 360 sales

I live in Europe too, I just don't think that the PS3 vs 360 battle will be as important here as in USA this year. I may be wrong of course, especially since it's the first PS3 year in Europe, but judging from PS2 sales I think Europe is not ready to fully embark this generation of consoles yet.

@MikeB

Honestly, I don't think that you provided any facts that supported your arguments :)

again Peace