By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

Rainbird said:
So, I'm extremely hooked on getting this right now, and I have preordered the SE with both WS and the CC, but I still have time to change my mind. Can anyone say how much time you need to invest before it starts getting awesome? Before you make that first 'real' kill?

Because right now, that time that needs investing is the only thing turning me off from the game. (That and I still haven't gotten my Wii online, but I'm working on that )

You're in Europe!

When you get your Wii online add me as your ambassador. We'll both get 500 points to spend on a game.

Gonna PM you my Wii number.

Around the Network
palancas7 said:
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
Anyone else in the UK got their copy yet? I received mine from Nitendo which means stores should also have them in stock.

eh?

What's the "eh" for? 

How did you receive it from Nintendo?

I won a competition and now I get free Nintendo games for a year.

I hope that's not prison lingo for pirating. -_-

Around the Network

@Rol
1. Nope
2. Nope
3. Even the rarest items are quite frequent, you won't have to fight the same monster 100 times to get an elusive item. Figuring out how or where to get it is usually the tricky part. For instance, you may kill a monster 100 times and no ****** Scale. You'll need to chop of its tail in battle to carve it off.

@Rainbird
In the PSP games, about 5-10 hours if you're a total beginner. About 8 hours in Monster Hunter 3. The tutorial section is also very steamlined to guide you along without getting tedious.

palancas7 said:
I hope that's not prison lingo for pirating. -_-

lol no, the competition was Called 'Britain's Best Gamer' you might of heard of it, it was last October. All the finalist get free Nintendo published titles.  

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Okay a few things here.

This is a how to use a Hammer video, this guy uses it fairly well. Also this Rathalos fight is Hr 40 meaning Rath is a bit more uber and the cuts a bit better.

The thing I noticed about this video though is that the load times are not even noticable, like litterally 3/4 a second long in some cases, the game was down scored for that. Not drawing comparisons, but I would prefer even a 3 second load time to having to sit through 5 or 6 7 minute installs for MGS4. 

Anyway there are a lot of things going on here, like while the hammer can not cut tails it can stun wyvrens. Also they captured the Rathalos insteado of killing it at the end, and apparantly T-bagged it after kicking it in the face.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

routsounmanman said:
@Rainbird
In the PSP games, about 5-10 hours if you're a total beginner. About 8 hours in Monster Hunter 3. The tutorial section is also very steamlined to guide you along without getting tedious.

Well, even without the additional content, it seems like I'd still get enough for my money.