By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

You better add me up on that list boy!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network

What is the point of capturing a monster instead of killing it in the game?

09tarheel said:

The quest demands you capture the monster instead of slaying it, or you want to carve off special items. Most of the time it's about killing them, though

09tarheel said:

The mission will have a request saying that they need the monster alive .

For the player usually these missions are ending HR missions so afterwards you get promoted to the next Hunter Rank and as such can now mix it up with some bigger baddies. The next is that these capture missions usually deal more money out that the hunt ones, and last thing is that have a chance of getting very rare items that normally you get in higher HRs from carves but from the mission rewards.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Thanks for the answers guys, I thought there was going to have been some kind of Monster Zoo mode or something where you had to put live monsters. Those explanations make more a little more sense.

Around the Network

How many villages or towns are there in the game?

UK players

Here, enjoy

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/Games/Wii/Monster-Hunter-Tri-Limited-Edition-Ultimate-Hunter-Pack/~r419441/

Monster Hunter Tri Limited Edition Ultimate Hunter Pack (Wii)

Release Date: 23/04/2010
Pre-order
4days to go!

New

Pre-order for release

RRP £69.99 Save£20.00

£49.99

Inc. Free UK Delivery Add To Basket Add To Wishlist

Intendo21 said:
How many villages or towns are there in the game?

If it's like the other Monster Hunter console games. There is two.

1 Offline village, and 1 Online City.

If it's like the portable versions then there is only 1 village.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

If this has been discussed in the thread before then please forgive my ignorance as i haven't gone through the pages.
What are the average expectations for the games first week? I mean, what's the red line? The "safe zone" if you will, the desired number that spares us the endless cries "it's a bomb!!" or "It didn't meet expectations!!". Also, what are Capcom's LTD target for this game, and individual targets for the continents (if they've even talked about it)?

How technical is your game?

IxisNaugus said:
If this has been discussed in the thread before then please forgive my ignorance as i haven't gone through the pages.
What are the average expectations for the games first week? I mean, what's the red line? The "safe zone" if you will, the desired number that spares us the endless cries "it's a bomb!!" or "It didn't meet expectations!!". Also, what are Capcom's LTD target for this game, and individual targets for the continents (if they've even talked about it)?

No matter what this game's sales will be, the usual suspects will say it bombed (or flopped, or disappointed, or didn't meet expectations). I can already write their nonsensical arguments (which will change depending on the actual numbers and the person), as we've heard them all before. Even if the numbers are unheard of for a MH game in the west, they will just use the userbase argument.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin