By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

routsounmanman said:
SmokedHostage said:
routsounmanman said:
-1 means weakness

So for the sake of example, if your chest armor has -1 Fire, Fire based attacks do more?

Yup, a Fireball'd do more damage and you'd be more susceptible to fire blight.

Well I just screwed myself.  I have a full set Great Jaggi set on and I'm getting destroyed by the Qurupeco.  Now I have to farm for a new set.. :\

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
routsounmanman said:
SmokedHostage said:
routsounmanman said:
-1 means weakness

So for the sake of example, if your chest armor has -1 Fire, Fire based attacks do more?

Yup, a Fireball'd do more damage and you'd be more susceptible to fire blight.

Well I just screwed myself.  I have a full set Great Jaggi set on and I'm getting destroyed by the Qurupeco.  Now I have to farm for a new set.. :

The only attack you *really* have to worry about is his sudden fire attack, where he'll just suddenly clack together then leap back. His other fire attack has a good tell and is easy to sidestep. You really have to worry about that other one.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

RolStoppable said:
People who own the PAL version of this game are welcome to post their ID, I'd like to play this game with three other VGC members. Doesn't matter if you are just getting started with online, I am desperate. Really.

My USB converter has been shipped! and when it arrives ill be available to play again :D

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Name: Hatter
ID: QC73N2
Region: US

I enjoy doing the quest. If you want to team up sometime let me know. My HR is still low though.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

Kenology said:
Who all has WiiSpeak? I do. I wish we could chat with anyone though.

I do have it, been collecting dust since i bought the Endless Ocean bundel jajaja

Mine btw is

Neroxyr

WK1PVP

Around the Network

Just downed offline lagia in 47 shots, flip it on the back hit it's belly and repeat.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I can kill the bird and the first lazard guy like they where nothing but they are just dropping the same items over and over and i need other items they drop. What am i doing wrong?

Smash ID: Jski - 0559-6620-9873

Add me if you wish but PM me if you do.

RolStoppable said:
People who own the PAL version of this game are welcome to post their ID, I'd like to play this game with three other VGC members. Doesn't matter if you are just getting started with online, I am desperate. Really.

Name - WAZA - Australia, east coast

ID - W73 UDT

- Dk when ill be online as i am looking for work right now. Ill go online to add you as a friend Rol, let me know when.

---- btw, i think somebody should make a PAL region match up thread. Its way too difficult to find match ups in this thread, and theres only two PAL people listed.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Okay, so I got this game finally last Thursday. I just checked my play-time at lunch today and I'm at 22.5 hours. I haven't taken it online yet, and I was out of town this past weekend.
Yep, this game officially has me by the short and curlies.

I'm in PAL, I tried to add Rol, Woopah and Killy but you can only add someone when he's online. So gat your ass online this night PAL people!