By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

Alright, my ID is FBDU1K, name is cord.

Will be playing with a friend for a while today (probably), add me if any of you hop on, VGC'ers

Around the Network

Well weapons are judged on how good they are in single player. Even though the Lance is technically the best weapon in the game, a team of four lancers would be odd to work with. Even with a tier list of weapons there still needs to be some team formation consideration.

The tier list I saw has
Lance
Hammer
Long Sword
Switch Axe (Axe)
Great Sword
Switch Axe (Sword)
H. Bowgun
Sword and Shield
M. Bowgun
L. Bowgun

Now tier list don't mean as much in PvE games. They are just meant to show which weapon allows one to win faster, easier, and more efficiently.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

megaman79 said:

This should be helpful -

Can we some how put this on the front pages its a pain to go diging for this each time you want to look it up. Aslo i finly got a sword that dose add dmg the Royal claw helped a lot vs the hamer head guy becuase it washed him off like nothing esle! I like SnS but some times in single player it just dose not cut it unless you have the right dmg type vs that big mob.

Smash ID: Jski - 0559-6620-9873

Add me if you wish but PM me if you do.

metal that list is all kinds of wrong.

If it wasn't for LS and SA being on it, I'd think it was from MH 1.

Here's my tier list.

L.Bowgun
M.Bowgun
Sword and Shield
H.Bowgun
SwitchAxe (Sword)
Great Sword
Switch Axe (Ax)
Long Sword
Hammer
Lance

wait a sec...
Oh Snap!

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I'm so addicted to Monster Hunter, already put 80 some hours in.

Skorp
FFYW38

Around the Network

Where can i find a "Killer Beetle"? I need to upgrade the first Switch Ax. Also, when do Long Swords become avalaible (online or off)? I just captured the Great Jaggie offline.

Voltaire said:
Where can i find a "Killer Beetle"? I need to upgrade the first Switch Ax. Also, when do Long Swords become avalaible (online or off)? I just captured the Great Jaggie offline.

After the Level 3 Urgent Quest - http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3:_Offline_Quests

-- Its a little confusing how offline and online mix together. I haven't even completed all 1 star quests online yet, as ive just been gunning with better players to get higher HR scores, but im half way through 3 star quests offline.

I think you should just work away at both and eventually you get the weapons.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

@Rol

Elitists will be elitists, nothing like walking into a room of HR 60's only to be the only one not using a lance and shield.

The thing is by end game everyone thinks that since you get OKHO's left and right that the ability to block makes the weapon amazing.

Since Lance gives the ability to attack right after blocking, it is now the top tier weapon. >.>

But here's a great tid bit to chew on, that list has non folding Heavy BG higher than mid BG because Heavy can block, but any good Gunner would be in range to take that kind of attack, and if they are they are probably dead anyway.

The list was created by meleers.

The issue with MH's elitists is that the loudest ones are melee and melee only has 1 thing on their minds which is downing a run asap aka DPS. It's not fun in the end but that's their fun, just happy none of them have asked me to change my weapon.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

no, it doesn't get unfair, just need a brain to play the game, high risk high reward, you do more damage using weapons that can't block, and a lot more. ideally, you'd want a lancer with -10sense and everybody else +10 sense if you have a static group, then everything dies fast. the monster hunter elitists are just fucking stupid because they've been stuck on SP for so long in the past years.

for example, I was using the highest attack para LS in this fight, and I did nothing but pure damage + para the shit out of this thing:

that or I'm more utility based on mid-bowguns and not dishing out the big damage until the tail is cut:

@dahuman
I equip a -10 sense Gem with a Lance, then go help others stuck in their HR8 or HR15 quests