By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:

Hey guys I've just realised that this thread is no longer a sticky. What gives?

It never was, to my recollection

N, no I believe it was.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Used yesterday to do the arena again. Got a second Barioth coin (and an extra Barroth coin). My time was 44 minutes. Tried to get the 3rd coin and lost two times while Rathalos was already limping. I start to understand Mr Khans hate for Rathalos.

The fastest way to make money in this game:

Roll the Uroktor (high-rank), mining.

Sell everything you get your mitts on, even if it could be useful (you can always mine more to replace it)

Profit obscenely.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

Sell everything you get your mitts on, even if it could be useful (you can always mine more to replace it)

Profit obscenely.

Damn good point- I sell all the rustshards and Ancientshards I get, unless they look uber awesome, which is very rare.

Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:

Profit obscenely.

Damn good point- I sell all the rustshards and Ancientshards I get, unless they look uber awesome, which is very rare.

In this case i take it a step further. Sell all the ores, all the charms, everything, whether it looks useful or not. The logic being that i can easily get more, especially since i'm not really looking for much ore right now

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:

Profit obscenely.

In this case i take it a step further. Sell all the ores, all the charms, everything, whether it looks useful or not. The logic being that i can easily get more, especially since i'm not really looking for much ore right now

Hmm...seems fair, but I'm never really short of cash, but it makes sense. Useful tip this :)

A good crew makes a tremendous difference. Got together with a group that kicked Diablos' candy ass like he was Glass Joe.

Though really Guard Plus 2 had a lot to do with helping that. Now the only thing i have to be scared of from Diablos is getting side-swiped by his tail.

I tried to find out why I need so much more time in the arena, than the guy in the videos I posted earlier. The reason should be countering. The guy in the videos counters every single attack. So I tried to learn countering with the lance. I can do it, but I am still not good enough to use it in the arena. So I fought again. And I lost again against rathalos and he was limping again. Damn I hate him ...

@Mr Khan: You should always check the charms before you sell them. Some are pretty usefull and getting them a second time could take ages. I got a Poison 6 charm with 2 Extra Slots this way. With the right decoration I made it a Poison 10. Gigginox is now even easier than before. Judging by your list you have problems with her ... the right charm could make the difference.

It seems i need to learn this countering thing. It could add a new dimension to my gameplay.

Not to seem to "noobish" but when you talk about countering, what exactly is that? I assume it is far different from simple blocking.

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, always assume you have the upper hand.

NNID = RangerOne

Switch = SW-2393-3671-6907