By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

Damnit, stuck at 2 Stars Urgent quest now. Should have been at HR 18 when we did that Lagiacrus run yesterday!

*EDIT: Got it, thanks to a HR 74 or 47 hunter, can't really remember, but he said his only fun was to help people now because he finished all the content in the game and can get any armor he wants!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

so after bragging about beating Barroth with no sweat by myself....I got some 4 player action last night against him and we couldn't beat him for shit. Granted someone in particular was always dying, but, do they have a higher HP when there are more players? I mean we really beat the fuck out of that guy but he just wasn't dying.

blunty51 said:

so after bragging about beating Barroth with no sweat by myself....I got some 4 player action last night against him and we couldn't beat him for shit. Granted someone in particular was always dying, but, do they have a higher HP when there are more players? I mean we really beat the fuck out of that guy but he just wasn't dying.

Yeah, multiplayer is harder. I don't know if it scales to a specific number of players or if it's just harder in general with more than one person. But regardless, last night was bad... LOL

Currently playing: Gran Turismo 5
Just finished:
Infamous 2

blunty51 said:

It does not scale: monsters are as tough with one as with four (which is actually a complaint I have, since the game's balanced for two players, but no matter).  Looks like you just got a bad draw.  Sorry dude!

Ok, I finally unboxed the bundle and started a game but dang no long ass tutorial? If the entire thing wasn't so complex I wouldn't be so damn confused. Where are those damn ripened and choice mushrooms and what do those armor effects (whim psychic ect) even mean. Is it meant to be all there in the manual cause it isn't.

Around the Network

Sorry I haven't been on for so long, between being too lazy to try Altereon (I hate it when HR gets wasted, however meaningless), too lazy to connect the Wii (always bringin it over friends'), and following E3, I've barely played any video games at all...!

I'll get back on soon, though, I've been craving some action recently.

After 7 tries and the assistance of a HR 73 and 37, myself and some other guy finally made it to hr 31!  Woohoo! And I'm at 103 hrs played.  I think I'll take a break now.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

spiffiness said:
blunty51 said:

Yeah, multiplayer is harder. I don't know if it scales to a specific number of players or if it's just harder in general with more than one person. But regardless, last night was bad... LOL

for real...i stayed on for a peco run afterwards cuz i just couldn't end knowing we went through all that for no points!

allenfake said:

Ok, I finally unboxed the bundle and started a game but dang no long ass tutorial? If the entire thing wasn't so complex I wouldn't be so damn confused. Where are those damn ripened and choice mushrooms and what do those armor effects (whim psychic ect) even mean. Is it meant to be all there in the manual cause it isn't.

lol...yea you need to reference mh3 wiki like all the time. There would be no other way to know..

For the record the ripened mushrooms can only be attained when altarachs (little yellow bug like creatures) eat mushrooms and their butt turns big and blue. Kill it then.

noname2200 said:
blunty51 said:

It does not scale: monsters are as tough with one as with four (which is actually a complaint I have, since the game's balanced for two players, but no matter).  Looks like you just got a bad draw.  Sorry dude!

Yup. Guess that's all part of it.