By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Squares Golden era...

Squares Golden era...

Square Soft 174 92.06%

Square Enix 15 7.94%

Total:189

Square was the best they could be on the SNES. They dropped a little for the PS1. And after that, I couldn't really give a shit.

Around the Network
tehsage said:
Square was the best they could be on the SNES. They dropped a little for the PS1. And after that, I couldn't really give a shit.

Actually on SNES, Enix was way better and more diversified than Square. On PS1 though, Square dominated the JRPG genre. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I can say Square-Enix beacuse of DQ and FF in one house

g-value said:
1998 >>>>>>>>> All (Xenogears FTW)

I don't think there will every be a jrpg developing company as amazing as Squaresoft was.

I remember growing believing that every game with a Squaresoft brand on it had to be AAA. Times have really changed.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

I question the sanity of anyone who chooses SE over SS. FFVI? Einhander? Parasite Eve? etc?

Not even close.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

SE has yet to produced anything remsembling the caliber of Chrono Trigger (hell, Super Mario RPG even).
Therefore...
SS>SE and will always be.

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK

dont forget VAGRANT STORY

I remember how excited I was when I heard my two favorite JRPG companies were combining. But the products of the combination are just inferior to the pre- SE era. Anyone play Dragon Warrior Monsters 2? Fantastic game, and the latest one (under SE), Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, was not nearly as good. In fact it was like someone combined Super Mario 64 and DWM2. Didn't work.

So yeah, SquareSoft over SE. I mean, the first RPG I played on Playstation was by SquareSoft.

Squaresoft easily. This isn't even a question, 90s was where it was at for JRPG games. and squaresoft was leading the way.

Well since in my fav FF games list Square-soft has made all of em except for the 2nd best & the worst

I'd say the answer is square-soft

But I voted for square-enix in the poll, because I can.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey