By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 5 reasons why FFXIII is the best in the series. Agree or disagree?

5 reasons why FFXIII is the best in the series. Agree or disagree?

Yes, Agreed. 77 13.68%

No, Not exactly. 385 68.38%

It's FF, I love it regardless! 97 17.23%

Total:559

Yeah best FF XIII

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

5. I don't really like this battle system. Battles are beautiful to watch, but they're so fricking boring to do! What you do is too simple: pick a party, choose paradigms (which kind of work like Gambits, so why do people like this better? I don't know), enter battle, use first paradigm maybe twice especially if it's a buffing one with Haste, then go Ravager on them, immediately Commando because you'll somehow be able to attack again with a full bar (why? Still didn't figure it out yet, maybe a glitch), sometimes Heal, rinse and repeat. Very dull and the battles take forever. Huge stepdown from the battle system from FFXII. That one was perfect, and it had no loading for battles (because YES, in some battles you see the sky and then it goes down to the enemies instead of just seeing the enemies. THAT'S a loading my friends)

4. I also disagree here... because there are towns! OK, OK I know what they're saying, but at the same time, I didn't buy one single item from the online shop. So they're not really necessary anyways. No world map doesn't hurt the game, especially how it's made with the Chapters and all. Could have been like FFX at one point though with some fast travel? Note that I'm still at Chapter 11, which takes forever. I likey!

3. Hmmm, what are they actually saying here? That FF is all action, but I had a hard time following what was going on at the beginning. Luckily, the datalogs are there so it's all good. I'll surely appreciate the faster-paced story when doing a new game, but FFX had the best story all around IMO.

2. What can I say here?

1. That point is totally irrelevant to how it makes the game good or not.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

5 - Up until now, my favourite battle system of the series, was a tie between FFV and FFVII, but this one has took the cake. Especially now on endgame it's where the combat system really starts to shine, in all of it's complexity and strategy.

4 - I don't agree with this one, especially on the world part map, but that's something i've had quite a gripe against since FFX. Oh well, at least FFXIII has one humongous are that's sorta like a world map.

3 - I really don't agree with this one. How has any FF start been dull? The only one I can remember being more slow paced recently was FFVIII, but even so it wasn't dull per se. Oh, and he did not say that FFVI start was dull xD

2 - Put Vanille over Sazh and I agree 100% :D

1 - Why is this relevant and the more important piece? Who cares where the game is, as long as we can enjoy.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Final Fantasy XIII is up there with the greatest I've played in the series. I don't choose a favorite since I like them all equally, minus Final Fantasy III...Final Fantasy Versus XIII is going to poop on this game though :P. Can't wait!!!

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

EXCELLENT THREAD!
_______

5. Best Battle System in the whole series, totally agree!

4. AGREED. I don't really like the world maps the PS1 FF's.....no towns didn't bother me one bit, in fact it makes complete sense.

3. The story is amazing (not as good as FF7,8 or 6's story though) but I loved it

2. Instead of sazh I'll say Characters in general!! STRONGEST Cast in a FF game imo..I loved everyone, especially light, fang & snow!

1. Sales? well I'll say music here....which surprised me by being awesome

Not the best game in the series (FF6 is).....but it IS the 2nd best game in the series

9.7/10

FF6 is a 9.9/10

where did FF13 lose those 0.2 marks, well in story & music.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

No. it's a fun game however... its far from the best. the guy who wrote this is on something.

Reasons ...

1. irrelevant.

2. Your joking?

3. FFVII, FFVI, FFVIII, FFII > FFXIII > All the others.

4. Fucked up the game as a true FF fan, FF was always about world maps in the originals, so were towns, Versus XIII will have them, whats the excuse for FFXIII besides laziness?

5. This is a mixed bag... by FF standards yes... it most certainly is the best battle system... which is sad... because its so simple.

overall i disagree, the game is good and fun, but it does not deserve to be called epic, thats a damned understatment to.

ending was wtf. thanks for telling me another hollywood story, asshats.

I think that honor would go to one of a couple games (Final Fantasy 6, 7, 9, or 4). The ones that tied together the great elements of JRPGs almost seamlessly (good characters. good battle system, good leveling system, amazing world, etc.).

FF13, from what I've played, is still amazing though. Just not the best in the series.

It's not the best in the series but it is still pretty great once you get over the extreme changes in gameplay and the linearity.

I agree with 3 and a half of those.

4 ≈ One