By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 5 reasons why FFXIII is the best in the series. Agree or disagree?

5 reasons why FFXIII is the best in the series. Agree or disagree?

Yes, Agreed. 77 13.68%

No, Not exactly. 385 68.38%

It's FF, I love it regardless! 97 17.23%

Total:559

5 - While I encourage innovation for innovation's sake, and I recognise that the new battle system will help non rpg gamers to get into the genre, I don't enjoy it as much

4 - Boo Hiss, FFXIII is way too linear. A world map could have been used to stop this

3 - The plot in XIII has had some slow moments imo, they just werent at the start. I haven't played enough of the earlier games to compare to though

2 - Nothin but agreement here

1 - That's true, hardly qualifies it for best of the series though

It's a good game, but stop hyping it so damn much :P

Around the Network

I disagree (not to say that I'm not enjoying the game). To me FF9 was the best overall. Sazh and the new battle system are major shining points in FFXIII though.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

CGI-Quality said:
scottie said:
5 - While I encourage innovation for innovation's sake, and I recognise that the new battle system will help non rpg gamers to get into the genre, I don't enjoy it as much

4 - Boo Hiss, FFXIII is way too linear. A world map could have been used to stop this

3 - The plot in XIII has had some slow moments imo, they just werent at the start. I haven't played enough of the earlier games to compare to though

2 - Nothin but agreement here

1 - That's true, hardly qualifies it for best of the series though

It's a good game, but stop hyping it so damn much :P

Is that directed at me? O.o

People in general really. that said, no-one'd voted yes last I checked so the people I'm aiming it at aren't here

1.- Battle system was ok but not groundbreacking
2.- That's a "Con" for me, the towns and map was a huge part in the Final fantasy universe, searching for every detail and looking for every little aspect of them was fun and most of the times rewarding.
3.- The story was ok..... what's the point.
2.- Meh
1.- It's good to have a multiplat game ...... and ????

You missed the most important one. NO RANDOM BATTLES

Around the Network

I can't say that it is the best in the series but I can say that it is the best, at least for me, which has implemented the use of different abilities in the battle system and balanced it all. Now I feel the need to use supportive magic within battles whilst I went for a more in your face offensive tactic in all the previous games.

Towns could have make this game even more epic if they existed and if they would be something more than just places where one could read the written description of what was happening in the storyline (what towns are in the majority of the FFs' towns) and be more like places where one could start even more sidequests.

I love Outside worlds so I don't agree with you there. I always liked to explore things and see if I could find a hidden cave or something.

Sazh seemed to me annoying as hell in the beginning. He started to become the one and only annoying character I have seen in a FF. But now he has shown more than cliche comments and actions and he has shown a very welcomed sense of humor with some wit that has actually made me laugh in some ocations.

I am a selfish and almost irrational Sony fanboy so you lost me with the first point.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

5. Battle system is great, but i much prefer the Materia system of Final Fantasy VII

4. I disagree here. Towns, while not really practical for Story reasons, would have been awesome.

3. Agreed.

2. Agreed, although Lightning > Sazh

1. I don't see how being multiplat makes the game better. But meh, whatever.

Overall, i still think Final Fantasy IX is better than it

CGI-Quality said:
And let's keep it as civil as possible. Thanks.

I agree with you CGI. IMO, it isn't the best game of the series, but it's up there, and it is a freakin' awesome game. 9.5/10.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

It is a FF so regardless I will enjoy the title. But I do miss me some towns and exploring maps. I do however enjoy the battle system, and the story getting right into action. I disagree with the other points. Multiplat has nothing to do with it being best in the series, I am one who believes it would have sold the same even if it was still exclusive.

CGI-Quality said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
I can't say that it is the best in the series but I can say that it is the best, at least for me, which has implemented the use of different abilities in the battle system and balanced it all. Now I feel the need to use supportive magic within battles whilst I went for a more in your face offensive tactic in all the previous games.

Towns could have make this game even more epic if they existed and if they would be something more than just places where one could read the written description of what was happening in the storyline (what towns are in the majority of the FFs' towns) and be more like places where one could start even more sidequests.

I love Outside worlds so I don't agree with you there. I always liked to explore things and see if I could find a hidden cave or something.

Sazh seemed to me annoying as hell in the beginning. He started to become the one and only annoying character I have seen in a FF. But now he has shown more than cliche comments and actions and he has shown a very welcomed sense of humor with some wit that has actually made me laugh in some ocations.

I am a selfish and almost irrational Sony fanboy so you lost me with the first point.

Blame the author.

Oops, I thought you wrote that. XD

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1