By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is the Xbox 360 getting the respect it deserves?

Krill said:
No, in my opinion XBox Live has been the most fundamental development in console gaming since console gaming began. No other console offers a service that is equal to it, primarily because Microsoft are the experts in that area. I know people will say that Sony and Nintendo offer free online service but I will gladly pay the comparatively small fee to get the superior service.

Maybe Europeans aren't as receptive to paying the XBox Live Gold fees, the arm and a leg it costs for a HDD, and the ridiculous price for wifi.  So while millions of Xbox360 owners are probably perfectly happy paying for a superior service (you'll get no arguments from me about that point), there are probably millions of people who aren't willing to pay for that service.  While there are probably millions of people who are perfectly happy paying $129.99 for a 250GB HDD, there are probably millions of people who aren't happy with the ridiculous markup.  While there are millions of people who use an ethernet cable, or are willing to pay for wifi, there are also probably millions of people who aren't willing to pay for wifi, and can't use an ethernet cable for various reasons.

Personally (and I live in the US, so this might be a little off topic?), I would love to have an XBox360.  I think Microsoft did an amazing job with it, outside of the RROD/E74 issues.  The amount of integration is awesome, and everything just seems to be well thought-out and planned.  But I can not get over the fact that Microsoft wants me to pay more than double the price for an OEM HDD, and to pay $49.99 (MSRP, I know, I know, you can get deals online) every year to play games online.  Hell, I can get over the HDD markup.  Seriously, $50 every year to play games I buy and own, online?  I haven't even played online on my PS3 in like 3 months.  But I know that whenever I do get back online, it'll be free, and I'll be free to stop playing online without worrying about wasting money.  Back when I had an XBox360, I paid for XBox Live Gold.  And I played online maybe 15 times online in six months (sold my XBox360 at that point).  What a waste of money Gold was for me.

Around the Network

how should I respond to this OP....

Is the Xbox 360 getting the respect it deserves?

>Xbox 360 getting the respect it deserves?

>Xbox360 deserves?

>deserves?

not a good question to ask on VGchartz

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

indodude said:
Lol the duplicate has more posts than the original.

Ya. And you can say it is PS3 fanboys getting defensive (which it partly is), but you're also kinda asking for it when you post a duplicate topic of someone trying to be original.  Just not the greatest thread idea lol.

simple the company that makes it doesn't begin with an "S" SEGA did better (proportionally) in PAL regions than they did in Japan\USA and Sony is doing better (proportionally) than they are doing in the rest of the world lol.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

This is a question that just brings more questions not answers. Like why does the wii get way more sales around the world than the HD beasts? Also one could ask why America continues to favor the 360 when it is the equal of the Ps3. For the latter question, I say the number one issue is price as it has always been.

These are all really unanswerable questions. PEACE!!!

TheNoobHolocaust said:
Well it is getting the respect it deserves, IMO, With all due respect the PS3 deserves more for becoming such a great value, hence the huge turnaround.

In your opinion. In truth, it is not getting half the respect it deserves. Japan still wont budge no matter how good the 360 is or even how far it  sets itself apart from Sony. In Europe, now that the GT5 should win out the year.

respect is earned, not given. you cannot steal respect.

but, money can do all sort of things. perhaps they bought the respects they have now.

Its a mystery.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

The Xbox 360 is a thing of the past.....

Except for Natal which doesn't interest me.

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheNoobHolocaust said:
Well it is getting the respect it deserves, IMO, With all due respect the PS3 deserves more for becoming such a great value, hence the huge turnaround.

In your opinion. In truth, it is not getting half the respect it deserves. Japan still wont budge no matter how good the 360 is or even how far it  sets itself apart from Sony. In Europe, now that the GT5 should win out the year.

same thing happens in america to ps3 on a smaller scale. Americans love American companies.