By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is the Xbox 360 getting the respect it deserves?

toastboy44562 said:

Hello, I have noticed that the Xbox 360 has some high quality games such as Gears of war 1/2, Halo 3, Fable 3, Forza 2/3, etc.

The Xbox 360 also plays DVDs and has digital distibution for movies and games.

Xbox live is full of amazing content and well worth its price, it has arguably the best online for any home entertainment system.

Why is it that it gets beat by the PS3 in Europe (Excluding UK)? The Price is right, it sells like hotcakes in United States/Canada, why doesnt it sell well in Europe? What more could the public want? Any guesses? It already has racing games and soccer games so idk...

Because European consumers believe the PS3 represents a better value for money just like the 360 in the USA, this was a pretty dumb thread tbh as most of the things you listed could be said about the PS3 in the USA with a little tinkering...

Hello, I have noticed that the PS3 has some high quality games such as Uncharted 1/2, Killzone 2, God of war 3, GT5 prologue, etc.

The PS3 also plays blu-rays and DVDs and has digital distibution for movies and games.

PSN is full of amazing content and is free, it has arguably the best online for any home entertainment system.

Why is it that it gets beat by the 360 in North America (Excluding Canada)? The Price is right, it sells like hotcakes in Japan/Europe/Canada, why doesnt it sell well in the USA? What more could the public want? Any guesses? It already has FPS and racing games so idk...

My current Soul Silver Team:

Around the Network

Yeah I think so. Pretty much all consoles have to create the demand they have and if Sony has greater demand due to good work they did two generations ago then they still deserve those sales. The Xbox 360 has to be better than the PS3 to beat it, and thats totally fair because Sony was the incumbant in all markets.

Tease.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Garnett said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
it's getting the amount it deserves....and imo other regions in the world are not as crazy about FPS titles , which is one of the best aspects about xbox, as they are in US.

So shouldn't the PS3 being outsold by the 360 then?

Im sure Sony has more FPS than MS does.

lol nope and mind you I'm talking about PS3 and xbox 360 here....Xboxes best has been with FPS like Halo....not the same case with the PS3.....so yeah IF that's the case as of now....xbox failing hard in other regions makes sense

Either way all consoles this gen has done well....let's see how they do in the next 1-2 years :)

PS3-

1. Killzone 2
  2. Resistance 1
  3. Resistance 2
  4. MAG
  5. Socom
  6. Haze 

Xbox 360

1. Halo 3
  2. Gears 2
  3. ODST
  4. Reach 

Im sure PS3 should be outselling the 360 in NA since were crazy about FPS titles. FPS titles mean nothing really PS3 is a way better deal. 

Shit im gonna be selling my Xbox soon, and im keeping my PS3 even though it has few games i really enjoy on it.

It deserves respect basically for pushing online console gaming forward. If not for xbox live I feel online console gaming would not be that popular.

It doesn't deserve respect as a piece of quality hardware though, because of all the problems it caused for people from 2005-2009. It's really that Microsoft doesn't deserve the respect for knowingly releasing a faulty console. But they're here to stay and hopefully the next time around they can get it right from the beginning.

btw, has anyone had any problems with 360's bought in 2009 and on?

CGI-Quality said:
Garnett said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Garnett said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
it's getting the amount it deserves....and imo other regions in the world are not as crazy about FPS titles , which is one of the best aspects about xbox, as they are in US.

lol nope and mind you I'm talking about PS3 and xbox 360 here....Xboxes best has been with FPS like Halo....not the same case with the PS3.....so yeah IF that's the case as of now....xbox failing hard in other regions makes sense

Either way all consoles this gen has done well....let's see how they do in the next 1-2 years :)

PS3-

1. Killzone 2
  2. Resistance 1
  3. Resistance 2
  4. MAG
  5. Socom
  6. Haze 

Xbox 360

1. Halo 3
  2. Gears 2
  3. ODST
  4. Reach 

Im sure PS3 should be outselling the 360 in NA since were crazy about FPS titles. FPS titles mean nothing really PS3 is a way better deal. 

Shit im gonna be selling my Xbox soon, and im keeping my PS3 even though it has few games i really enjoy on it.

You're right on who owns more FPS titles, that would be Sony. Had to cross off Haze, Gears of War, & Socom though. Socom is 3rd person, Sony dosn't own Haze (and I'm sure they like it that way ), and Gears is 3rd person, though it is published by Microsoft...

That's not saying too much though, Sony owns more IPs, in general, than anybody else.

But I'll be damned if this topic isn't derailed.

I could of swore that Socom was an FPS? Hmm i played it like a year ago :P

Im getting my shit all mixed up with the FPS and TPS, thanks for the correction CGI.

@Coolbeans

Metro 2033 is a exclusive. 

While the other ones arent exclusives.

Around the Network
jesus kung fu magic said:

If I have realized anything , it is this.....

With the ultra slick , uber line up the ps3 has with MGS4 , U2 and GoW3......how can really respect MS with that kind of line up their competition has?

And also , EVERY 360 game has a much better counterpart on the ps3 (KZ2>Halo 3 , GT5> Forza 3)

There we go.

No the Xbox brand isn't well known as Sony yet. I hope it is better known for next gen.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Because Europeans really really dislike unreliable electronics and even if the RRoD is a thing of the past, the damage was done early on........

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Garnett said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Garnett said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

PS3-

1. Killzone 2
  2. Resistance 1
  3. Resistance 2
  4. MAG
  5. Socom
  6. Haze 

Xbox 360

1. Halo 3
  2. Gears 2
  3. ODST
  4. Reach 

Socom is 3rd person, as is Gears.

Also, how could you forget L4D, L4D2? Quake 4 and Perfect Dark Zero?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Garnett said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Garnett said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

PS3-

1. Killzone 2
  2. Resistance 1
  3. Resistance 2
  4. MAG
  5. Socom
  6. Haze 

Xbox 360

1. Halo 3
  2. Gears 2
  3. ODST
  4. Reach 

Socom is 3rd person, as is Gears.

Also, how could you forget L4D, L4D2? Quake 4 and Perfect Dark Zero?

I know i failed.... Damn shitty games screwed up my memory...

Those games aren't really exclusive.