By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is the Xbox 360 getting the respect it deserves?

Actually I think the ps3 doesn't get it's respect. Is a better machine than the 360 all around and now the games are even better. I think 360 has to much respect compared to the ps3

Around the Network

For Europeans, 360 just lacks value compared to PS3. Too many shooters, too few real exclusives. 360 is nearly free here in Europe, but nobody outside the UK seems to care.

I just bought a small PC, I'll play Mass Effect 2 on it, but I won't be able to ever play gems like GoW 3 or Uncharted 2, or Heavy Rain, MGS4, Valkyria, Demon's Souls...

That's the problem on 360, the lack of valuable exclusive content compared to PS3. Sony exclusives are just that... exclusives and they're better both in quality AND quantity.

360 still sells in the US because it's american and fits more with young American teens tastes (shooters, online parties).

I think the 360 would sell more in Europe and get more respects if MS stopped using money for timed exclusives (which is destructive money) or stupid DLC nobody cares about and was buying studios and funding exclusives instead, like Sony does.

People respect Sony for bringing something positive to the gaming world (funding artsy and inovative games like LBP, HR, ICO games) and mostly despise MS for not even trying to do the same.

I mostly agree with your comments, In order for MS to recieve more respect from us gamers they need to build more quality first party games

instead of wasting money on timed-exclusives....MS needs to learn that in order to sell consoles you need 100% exclusive games!!

I respect the games the 360 have even though for me most wasn't fun but there are good ones. I don't respect the hardware failures but I hear it's gotten better. Most people will tell you they bought a 360 cause it was cheaper than PS3. Some stayed with the 360 and some didn't. Some waited for the PS3 price drop then didn't care for the 360 anymore. People remember the great games the PS1 and PS2 had so no doubt they was getting a PS3 soon. People finally see the PS3 have more to offer for it's price. The 360 shouldn't even be $300 right now.

djs said:
It's not made by Sony...

actually the problem isn't that, but that it's made by microsoft, company for ages had a bad reputation.

Around the Network
mario64 said:

For Europeans, 360 just lacks value compared to PS3. Too many shooters, too few real exclusives. 360 is nearly free here in Europe, but nobody outside the UK seems to care.

I just bought a small PC, I'll play Mass Effect 2 on it, but I won't be able to ever play gems like GoW 3 or Uncharted 2, or Heavy Rain, MGS4, Valkyria, Demon's Souls...

That's the problem on 360, the lack of valuable exclusive content compared to PS3. Sony exclusives are just that... exclusives and they're better both in quality AND quantity.

360 still sells in the US because it's american and fits more with young American teens tastes (shooters, online parties).

I think the 360 would sell more in Europe and get more respects if MS stopped using money for timed exclusives (which is destructive money) or stupid DLC nobody cares about and was buying studios and funding exclusives instead, like Sony does.

People respect Sony for bringing something positive to the gaming world (funding artsy and inovative games like LBP, HR, ICO games) and mostly despise MS for not even trying to do the same.

This

The dude abides   

bobobologna said:
Krill said:
No, in my opinion XBox Live has been the most fundamental development in console gaming since console gaming began. No other console offers a service that is equal to it, primarily because Microsoft are the experts in that area. I know people will say that Sony and Nintendo offer free online service but I will gladly pay the comparatively small fee to get the superior service.

Maybe Europeans aren't as receptive to paying the XBox Live Gold fees, the arm and a leg it costs for a HDD, and the ridiculous price for wifi.  So while millions of Xbox360 owners are probably perfectly happy paying for a superior service (you'll get no arguments from me about that point), there are probably millions of people who aren't willing to pay for that service.  While there are probably millions of people who are perfectly happy paying $129.99 for a 250GB HDD, there are probably millions of people who aren't happy with the ridiculous markup.  While there are millions of people who use an ethernet cable, or are willing to pay for wifi, there are also probably millions of people who aren't willing to pay for wifi, and can't use an ethernet cable for various reasons.

Personally (and I live in the US, so this might be a little off topic?), I would love to have an XBox360.  I think Microsoft did an amazing job with it, outside of the RROD/E74 issues.  The amount of integration is awesome, and everything just seems to be well thought-out and planned.  But I can not get over the fact that Microsoft wants me to pay more than double the price for an OEM HDD, and to pay $49.99 (MSRP, I know, I know, you can get deals online) every year to play games online.  Hell, I can get over the HDD markup.  Seriously, $50 every year to play games I buy and own, online?  I haven't even played online on my PS3 in like 3 months.  But I know that whenever I do get back online, it'll be free, and I'll be free to stop playing online without worrying about wasting money.  Back when I had an XBox360, I paid for XBox Live Gold.  And I played online maybe 15 times online in six months (sold my XBox360 at that point).  What a waste of money Gold was for me.

mario64 said:

Those 2 perfectly sum up my opinion.

I wasted like 6 months of Gold subscription because games that I would have instead played on the 360 for the online, I was playing on the PC (Mostly shooters). Now that I'm back to silver, I don't see the point on keeping it, as most of the games that make the 360 worth the try are also on the PC. What's the point of caring about XBL, if I don't even use it. I'm selling my Xbox, I need the money, either for upgrading the PC, or getting those true exclusives the PS3 has. Uncharted 2, Infamous, God of War 3 are just some of the games on my wishlist.

I've had my 360 for exactly 2 years, since march 2008, and even though I must admit it has a lot of amazing features, it no longer interests me. PS3+PC combo is perfect.

That's right, just one "d"

In b4 "it's addict"
-----------------------------------------------
Add me:

Throw in free WiFi and make Live free and well talk.

Oh and the fact that the RRoD problems the machine had at one time didn't kill its sales outright is an example of how popular the console is, at least in USA. I know tons of friends and other from forums that have bought 2, 3 and sometimes 4 X-Bpx 360's over the years. Thats dedication and if the PS3 had thoes kind of problems I don't know if it would have done as well.

deskpro2k3 said:
respect is earned, not given. you cannot steal respect.

but, money can do all sort of things. perhaps they bought the respects they have now.

Its a mystery.

Sony bought alot of games with money and you still respect them. Maybe you should just admit that you don't want to respect Microsoft?

theprof00 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheNoobHolocaust said:
Well it is getting the respect it deserves, IMO, With all due respect the PS3 deserves more for becoming such a great value, hence the huge turnaround.

In your opinion. In truth, it is not getting half the respect it deserves. Japan still wont budge no matter how good the 360 is or even how far it  sets itself apart from Sony. In Europe, now that the GT5 should win out the year.

same thing happens in america to ps3 on a smaller scale. Americans love American companies.

This is a very retarded post. You really don't know Americans and assume things just because the PS3 isn't winning in America.