Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is the Xbox 360 getting the respect it deserves?

toastboy44562 said:

Hello, I have noticed that the Xbox 360 has some high quality games such as Gears of war 1/2, Halo 3, Fable 3, Forza 2/3, etc.

The Xbox 360 also plays DVDs and has digital distibution for movies and games.

Xbox live is full of amazing content and well worth its price, it has arguably the best online for any home entertainment system.

Why is it that it gets beat by the PS3 in Europe (Excluding UK)? The Price is right, it sells like hotcakes in United States/Canada, why doesnt it sell well in Europe? What more could the public want? Any guesses? It already has racing games and soccer games so idk...

lol butthurt xbot post

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:
theprof00 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheNoobHolocaust said:
Well it is getting the respect it deserves, IMO, With all due respect the PS3 deserves more for becoming such a great value, hence the huge turnaround.

In your opinion. In truth, it is not getting half the respect it deserves. Japan still wont budge no matter how good the 360 is or even how far it  sets itself apart from Sony. In Europe, now that the GT5 should win out the year.

same thing happens in america to ps3 on a smaller scale. Americans love American companies.

Japan seems more B.S. one sided than America is...

If that was the case all of you would be on 360 side, which we should be doing 

while I understand the point, it's not like Japan is this huge amazing market like USA is. 360 is down in Japan by about 28k each week, same thing happens to ps3 here.

Minbad said:
toastboy44562 said:

Hello, I have noticed that the Xbox 360 has some high quality games such as Gears of war 1/2, Halo 3, Fable 3, Forza 2/3, etc.

The Xbox 360 also plays DVDs and has digital distibution for movies and games.

Xbox live is full of amazing content and well worth its price, it has arguably the best online for any home entertainment system.

Why is it that it gets beat by the PS3 in Europe (Excluding UK)? The Price is right, it sells like hotcakes in United States/Canada, why doesnt it sell well in Europe? What more could the public want? Any guesses? It already has racing games and soccer games so idk...

lol butthurt xbot post

lol at someone lol of a butthurt post

enrageorange said:
sony has a decent value but its just as decent as back when it came out. Its just all the components cost cheaper now. When it came out the cheapest blue ray player was like 400$ and now the cheapest ones are like under 100$ for example.

When the PS3 came out, it was the cheapest blu-ray player and held that for a few years. (Stand alone BR players were roughly +$900).  Seeing as how PS3 were selling at a huge lost with everything built-in, it definitely had the better value.  But to all ones opinion to how they depic value.

Im not sure if even the cheapest BR players are under $100, maybe $150 for them crappy brand where Sony/Samsung's cheapest BR player are roughly at $199.  There are DVD players that are still just under $100 so not sure if they'd price them at the same level.

Saleswise? I think it's doing well. Sony has a very strong brand-name worldwide, and most people concentrate on the anti-trust bad press that MS had when speaking about them. Considering how badly MS is thought of the 360 does very well for itself.

As far as VGChartz goes, no it does not. There is a very dismissive attitude on this site, sort of a well as an earlier poster said, "360 is in the past" type of attitude here. If you don't like people belittling the 360 and it's fanbase, this may not be a good site for you. I'm a 360 supporter myself, but people saying bad things about it doesn't really bother me (too often, sometimes I get cranky ). There are a lot of great posters here and fun conversations to be had!

Around the Network
CommonMan said:
Saleswise? I think it's doing well. Sony has a very strong brand-name worldwide, and most people concentrate on the anti-trust bad press that MS had when speaking about them. Considering how badly MS is thought of the 360 does very well for itself.

As far as VGChartz goes, no it does not. There is a very dismissive attitude on this site, sort of a well as an earlier poster said, "360 is in the past" type of attitude here. If you don't like people belittling the 360 and it's fanbase, this may not be a good site for you. I'm a 360 supporter myself, but people saying bad things about it doesn't really bother me (too often, sometimes I get cranky ). There are a lot of great posters here and fun conversations to be had!

Im the same way, except that instead of getting cranky, I mostly try to counter these ignorant post

hey they need people like us or else this site would be one sided and boring

just to help with some of the issues mentioned above properly...

market share in major markets:

Others

PS3 26.44%
Wii 46.90%
360 26.66%

US

PS3 19.58%
Wii 47.52%
360 32.9%

Japan

PS3 30.5%
Wii 61.8%
360 7.7%

I'm not really here!

Actually I think the ps3 doesn't get it's respect. Is a better machine than the 360 all around and now the games are even better. I think 360 has to much respect compared to the ps3

For Europeans, 360 just lacks value compared to PS3. Too many shooters, too few real exclusives. 360 is nearly free here in Europe, but nobody outside the UK seems to care.

I just bought a small PC, I'll play Mass Effect 2 on it, but I won't be able to ever play gems like GoW 3 or Uncharted 2, or Heavy Rain, MGS4, Valkyria, Demon's Souls...

That's the problem on 360, the lack of valuable exclusive content compared to PS3. Sony exclusives are just that... exclusives and they're better both in quality AND quantity.

360 still sells in the US because it's american and fits more with young American teens tastes (shooters, online parties).

I think the 360 would sell more in Europe and get more respects if MS stopped using money for timed exclusives (which is destructive money) or stupid DLC nobody cares about and was buying studios and funding exclusives instead, like Sony does.

People respect Sony for bringing something positive to the gaming world (funding artsy and inovative games like LBP, HR, ICO games) and mostly despise MS for not even trying to do the same.

I mostly agree with your comments, In order for MS to recieve more respect from us gamers they need to build more quality first party games

instead of wasting money on timed-exclusives....MS needs to learn that in order to sell consoles you need 100% exclusive games!!