Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is the Xbox 360 getting the respect it deserves?

Kage848 said:

Ok just read through the entire thread now.

Honestly anyone that dosen't respect what the 360 has done this gen is simply ignorant, or worse a fanboy. I'm not saying you have to like the system or it's games but if you can't understand where MS came from last gen, what they have done to Sony, and where they are now this gen I don't know what to tell you.

The fact of the matter is i think that PS3 will end up selling more units then MS when all is said and done. But it will be close. And one generation turn-arounds dont happen often. Ok you have the Wii this gen but thats the exception not the rule. Look at the big picture. Where was MS last gen and where was Sony. Where are they now?

I think the 360 has done great and deserves a lot of respect as does the Wii and PS3.

I like the 360's games (this gen) more than the PS3 but I agree with what you've said here. Imagine the last person I had to respond to stated Americans like Americans products more, hence why the 360 is beating the PS3 by leaps and bounds. The only reason the PS3 isn't beating Microsoft in America is because Sony told Americans at E3 that the console was going to be $600. Americans living in a country with high inflation rates and now a collapsed economy that barely hanging on want a bargain that offers something new at an affordable price. Sony used to give that to people.....but they don't any longer. This is sad....but the show goes on which is why Microsoft easily filled that void by getting the majority of the games and breaking Sony's money hatting third party dominance. America gives the card to the highest bidder who gives them quality for a good price. They do not bend to the will of companies who say they will get a second job in order to buy their system. You impress us by showing value for a good price or else it's not selling like you wanted. The reason the 360 is winning in America is just this............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................it's doing exactly what Sony did with the PS2. If Sony fanboys are not willing to see that, then they are willfully ignorant.

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:

Hello, I have noticed that the Xbox 360 has some high quality games such as Gears of war 1/2, Halo 3, Fable 3, Forza 2/3, etc.

The Xbox 360 also plays DVDs and has digital distibution for movies and games.

Xbox live is full of amazing content and well worth its price, it has arguably the best online for any home entertainment system.

Why is it that it gets beat by the PS3 in Europe (Excluding UK)? The Price is right, it sells like hotcakes in United States/Canada, why doesnt it sell well in Europe? What more could the public want? Any guesses? It already has racing games and soccer games so idk...

I could say all those things about the PS3, and still be able to tack on "and more".

That's probably why

S.T.A.G.E. said:
deskpro2k3 said:
respect is earned, not given. you cannot steal respect.

but, money can do all sort of things. perhaps they bought the respects they have now.

Its a mystery.

Sony bought alot of games with money and you still respect them. Maybe you should just admit that you don't want to respect Microsoft?

On that same token, Sony also makes a lot of games as well. As redudant as this is, let me repeat, every company offers something unique and gets plenty of respect/hate.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as niggers, is in fact, Afrcan Americans/niggers, or as I've recently taken to calling them, Afrcan Americans plus niggers. Niggers is not an race unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Afrcan Americans system made useful by the Afrcan American community.

Many slave owners run a modified version of the Afrcan Americans every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Afrcan Americans which is widely used today is often called "niggers", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Afrcan Americans system, developed by the Afrcan Americans Project.

There really are niggers, and these people are using them, but it is just a part of the system they use. Niggers are the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the Afrcan American community's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an Afrcan American community, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete Afrcan American community. Niggers are normally used in combination with the Afrcan Americans community: the whole system is basically Afrcan Americans with niggers added, or Afrcan Americans/niggers. All the so-called "niggers" are really distributions of Afrcan Americans/niggers.

heywoodjablome said:
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as niggers, is in fact, Afrcan Americans/niggers, or as I've recently taken to calling them, Afrcan Americans plus niggers. Niggers is not an race unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Afrcan Americans system made useful by the Afrcan American community.

Many slave owners run a modified version of the Afrcan Americans every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Afrcan Americans which is widely used today is often called "niggers", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Afrcan Americans system, developed by the Afrcan Americans Project.

There really are niggers, and these people are using them, but it is just a part of the system they use. Niggers are the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the Afrcan American community's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an Afrcan American community, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete Afrcan American community. Niggers are normally used in combination with the Afrcan Americans community: the whole system is basically Afrcan Americans with niggers added, or Afrcan Americans/niggers. All the so-called "niggers" are really distributions of Afrcan Americans/niggers.

Could you please stop posting this shit in threads. Really.

Around the Network

bar the red ring of death, the xbox pretty much got highly praised since release date.

CGI-Quality said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
deskpro2k3 said:

but, money can do all sort of things. perhaps they bought the respects they have now.

Its a mystery.

Sony bought alot of games with money and you still respect them. Maybe you should just admit that you don't want to respect Microsoft?

On that same token, Sony also makes a lot of games as well. As redudant as this is, let me repeat, every company offers something unique and gets plenty of respect/hate.

No.....Sony buys first party companies and just puts stamps Sony first party on them. The same goes for Microsoft. Microsoft and Sony aren't offering anything unique. They are offering what is expected.

toastboy44562 said:

Hello, I have noticed that the Xbox 360 has some high quality games such as Gears of war 1/2, Halo 3, Fable 3, Forza 2/3, etc.

The Xbox 360 also plays DVDs and has digital distibution for movies and games.

Xbox live is full of amazing content and well worth its price, it has arguably the best online for any home entertainment system.

Why is it that it gets beat by the PS3 in Europe (Excluding UK)? The Price is right, it sells like hotcakes in United States/Canada, why doesnt it sell well in Europe? What more could the public want? Any guesses? It already has racing games and soccer games so idk...

Since I come from Europe, have all three current generation consoles but definitely prefer the PS3 over the Xbox 360, here's my try of an explanation:

1. Yes, the Xbox 360 has some high quality games. BUT: Most games are multiplatform and are extremely similar on both platforms. When it comes to exclusives however, the PS3 simply has the more interesting titles in my opinion.

Personally I also think that the Xbox 360 has a very one-sided selection of games. 90% of 360 games seem to be RPGs, Shooters and other games that involve lots of violence. The typical Xbox 360 user is male and aged 12-17, and I guess such games are exactly what this target audience wants. But in the end, 12-17 year old males are just a small subset of all gamers, and women and elder gamers (like me) are not very interested in such games. Now to be fair, the situation of the PS3 is very similar. The variety of games available for the PS3 is far from the situation of the Wii, but I think it's at least a bit better than the Xbox 360.

2. Yes, the Xbox 360 also plays DVDs and has digital distribution for movies and games. BUT: The PS3 plays DVDs as well, and most people have a seperate DVD player that is preferable for watching movies as it makes less noise. I think very few people take the ability to play DVDs into account when buying a console. The PS3 on the other hand has a builtin BluRay-player, and in fact it's one of the best BluRay-players available for certain reasons. BluRay is currently getting very very popular, and in contrast to the ability to play DVDs, the PS3's ability to play BluRays really is a factor to consider for many people who are interested in buying a console.

The PS3 has digital distribution for movies as well. And I've read that the PS3 has more interesting movies because Sony is quite involved in the movie business.

The PS3 has digital distribution for games as well. And when it comes to downloadable games, the PS3 has a huge advantage: It's absolutely legal to share games you've bought online with up to 4 friends. To me, that's one of the best advantages the PS3 has, because I buy many downloadable games and I'm very often over at a friend who has a PS3 as well. If one of us buys a game online, the other one can legally have it for free as well.

3. I logged on to Xbox Live only once, so I really cannot say anything about XBL. But I've heard so often that XBL has the best online service of all three current generation consoles that I simply believe it must be true. BUT: It costs money. Maybe I would have a completely different opinion if I knew XBL better, but so far I do not see what could possibly make XBL so much better that I would prefer paying money for it over the free PSN service. The only online stuff I do with my PS3 is buying a game or movie from time to time, playing games online and a little internet browsing - and for all that, PSN is absolutley sufficient. Social network stuff for example doesn't interest me at all.

Now those are only the topics you brought up. There are actually dozens of other reasons why I think the PS3 is superior. The most respected computer magazine in my country recently had an article where they compared all three current generation consoles, and their conclusion was: The Xbox 360's only real advantage is it's cheap price. That comes very close to my own opinion, but I do think it has another advantage, one that is even more important: The Xbox 360 can easily be modified to play pirated games. If that wasn't possible on the 360, millions of people wouldn't have bought a 360 in the first place. Millions of people wouldn't have bought a second, third of fourth 360 when their previous one got banned etc., so PS3 sales would probably already be higher.

To sum it up, the PS3 is equal to or beats the Xbox 360 in pretty much every respect in my opinion. Actually I have already wondered myself why America is the only country that prefers the Xbox 360. My guess it's simply because Microsoft is an american company while Sony is asian.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
CGI-Quality said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Its a mystery.

No.....Sony buys first party companies and just puts stamps Sony first party on them. The same goes for Microsoft. Microsoft and Sony aren't offering anything unique. They are offering what is expected.

Your outlook on things is usually pretty cloesd off IMO, but this is one takes the cake. They offer nothing unique? OK STAGE.

360 is my baby. i own all systems, but hardly play the others. besides, i don't really have any friends to play with on ps3.

also, this site is filled with sony fanboys. what do you think most of the responses will be?

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^