By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is the Xbox 360 getting the respect it deserves?

Brennan said:
lol @ the Americans being not nationalistic. I thought you sang your national anthem before every sport game and with your hand on the heart. How ridiculous it looks... I never saw that in any European country.

The US is one of the most nationalistic countries in the world... So of course that's what saved the 360 in sales. That, and the fact that it was cheaper (and came out one year earlier).

Now maybe Americans were brainwashed by their media to the point they can't even see what they are anymore but that's another topic in itself.

Why do you think 360 sells only in the US now and nowhere else ?

Sarcasm meter .......................... not working dude, need's new bateries

Around the Network

Unfortunately, STAGE is serious. No sarcasm to detect here.

gamings_best said:
mrpink said:
MontanaHatchet said:

I think I've explained this half a dozen times, but I'll go again.

It's called first impressions. Microsoft made a really bad first impression with the Xbox. They provided a bulky, fairly ugly box without a whole lot of notable exclusive games (there were a lot of smaller, high quality exclusive games, but those didn't get as much attention). Sure, Nintendo screwed up even more last generation, but they also were a notable brand name with decades of history in the console space (as well as having the ultra-successful Game Boy Advance). Microsoft's first chance to prove themselves in the console space was a colossal failure.

The fact that they've managed to recover this much and be so successful shows a lot of respect for the 360 (maybe even more than it deserves). Again, it's a vague question, so you can't really say.

microsoft's resilence in its xbox deserves my respect, if there were no 360 most of us would be ass raped with the 600 price tag sony wanted.

the downfall of this generation gamer, you really honestly think the ps3 wouldn't have come down in price if their was no 360......................*facepalm* dude, major *facepalm*

and the real sad thing is your not alone, there are tons of people who honestly think that.

Wait are you serious......the ONLY incentive a company has to lower their prices is by their competition's response.....MS forced sony to lower their prices no matter which way you are looking at it.

If MS wasnt here we would have all had to choke on a $600 price tag or at best a $500 price tag today.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

PS2 had basically no competition and they still lowered the price, so I don't think we needed the 360 for any price cut.

It probably made them happen faster though.

Brennan said:
lol @ the Americans being not nationalistic. I thought you sang your national anthem before every sport game and with your hand on the heart. How ridiculous it looks... I never saw that in any European country.

The US is one of the most nationalistic countries in the world... So of course that's what saved the 360 in sales. That, and the fact that it was cheaper (and came out one year earlier).

Now maybe Americans were brainwashed by their media to the point they can't even see what they are anymore but that's another topic in itself.

Quote me where I said the only nationalism in America I've seen is in our love for the country. Singing the national anthem is a sign of just this. The US is NOT one of the most nationalistic countries in the world. I wonder if nationalism could've helped the US sales for the Xbox get topped 3x over by the US sales of the PS2? IT COULDN'T BECAUSE THERE ISN'T NATIONALISM AS FAR AS SALES AND BUSINESS ARE CONCERNED IN THIS COUNTRY!!! The US consumers bows to quality products at an affordable price! You obviously know nothing about the American consumer. At one point Americans had to have major tariffs in this nation because people kept buying imported goods! Every exported good had to be taxed, so Americans would look at American goods. Did it work? only for a while, but now its back to square one.

Europeans are just as brainwashed as Americans are by their media. The difference though is that the European media (mainly BBC though) trains Europeans to think Americans are jackasses.

The 360 sells in the US because the US citizens aren't biased and see the majority of the same games selling on the PS3 that are on the 360 and just more games coming out for the 360. The price point is the major reason as well.

Around the Network

So the 300+ countries in the world which prefer PS3 and its games are wrong and the single country (US) which prefers 360 is right.

Unbiased citizens are in the US, and idiots are everywhere else.

Interesting theory (a bit laughable, but you can defend anything I guess).

My theory : the PS3 is just better, that's why people prefer PS3 to 360 nearly everywhere in the world.

But no, it would be too simple.

Brennan said:

So the 300+ countries in the world which prefer PS3 and its games are wrong and the single country (US) which prefers 360 is right.

My theory : the PS3 is just better, that's why people prefer PS3 to 360 nearly everywhere in the world.

300+?

The 360 is still winning in the US and everywhere else in the world(others region).....Japan is the only place the ps3 is winning at.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Brennan said:

Unbiased citizens are in the US, and idiots are everywhere else.

But no, it would be too simple.

I never said anything about idiots being elsewhere in the world. I just stated that Americans are less biased than Europeans and Japanese people when it comes to sales of goods (which is why we are still the largest in import, export trade nation in the world. It's called Supply and demand ).Lets see what happens to your theory when Halo Reach comes out. Theres fact and then theres fiction. Interesting theory? About us having to be tariffed by our own government because we kept buying outsider goods? Wow...you're delusional.

Brennan said:

I have to laugh at "the Americans not being nationalistic". I thought you sang your national anthem before every sport game and with your hand on your heart. (How ridiculous it looks by the way...) I never saw that in any European country or any other country in the world except maybe China or North Korea, but not in any other democracy.

The US is one of the most nationalistic countries in the world... So of course that's what saved the 360 in sales. That, and the fact that it was cheaper and came out one year earlier, ALONE as the only next gen console.

Actually its doing better in English speaking countries, especially the U.S. and U.K. The PS3 does better relatively speaking in non English speaking countries.

Its stronger in these countries because of the fact that Live is much more of an advantage where you have a lot of people speaking the exact same language and because they make their best marketing for English speaking countries. Unless of course you've got a pet theory as to why the U.K is also particularly biased against the PS3 too due to nationalism?

You're verging on trolling the American people, do you want to get banned like that other fellow I saw talking smack about how stupid Americans apparantly are?

Tease.

jesus kung fu magic said:
gamings_best said:
mrpink said:
MontanaHatchet said:

I think I've explained this half a dozen times, but I'll go again.

It's called first impressions. Microsoft made a really bad first impression with the Xbox. They provided a bulky, fairly ugly box without a whole lot of notable exclusive games (there were a lot of smaller, high quality exclusive games, but those didn't get as much attention). Sure, Nintendo screwed up even more last generation, but they also were a notable brand name with decades of history in the console space (as well as having the ultra-successful Game Boy Advance). Microsoft's first chance to prove themselves in the console space was a colossal failure.

The fact that they've managed to recover this much and be so successful shows a lot of respect for the 360 (maybe even more than it deserves). Again, it's a vague question, so you can't really say.

microsoft's resilence in its xbox deserves my respect, if there were no 360 most of us would be ass raped with the 600 price tag sony wanted.

the downfall of this generation gamer, you really honestly think the ps3 wouldn't have come down in price if their was no 360......................*facepalm* dude, major *facepalm*

and the real sad thing is your not alone, there are tons of people who honestly think that.

Wait are you serious......the ONLY incentive a company has to lower their prices is by their competition's response.....MS forced sony to lower their prices no matter which way you are looking at it.

If MS wasnt here we would have all had to choke on a $600 price tag or at best a $500 price tag today.

So this is another one of those "Nintendo doesn't exist" moments?

I wonder how quickly Sony would have dropped the price of the PS3 if it had been just the $600 PS3 against the $250 Wii.

And addressing the rest of this thread, this nationalism debate is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Neither side knows what they're talking about. So please, just shut up, to everyone involved.