By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is the Xbox 360 getting the respect it deserves?

jesus kung fu magic said:
gamings_best said:
mrpink said:
MontanaHatchet said:

I think I've explained this half a dozen times, but I'll go again.

It's called first impressions. Microsoft made a really bad first impression with the Xbox. They provided a bulky, fairly ugly box without a whole lot of notable exclusive games (there were a lot of smaller, high quality exclusive games, but those didn't get as much attention). Sure, Nintendo screwed up even more last generation, but they also were a notable brand name with decades of history in the console space (as well as having the ultra-successful Game Boy Advance). Microsoft's first chance to prove themselves in the console space was a colossal failure.

The fact that they've managed to recover this much and be so successful shows a lot of respect for the 360 (maybe even more than it deserves). Again, it's a vague question, so you can't really say.

microsoft's resilence in its xbox deserves my respect, if there were no 360 most of us would be ass raped with the 600 price tag sony wanted.

the downfall of this generation gamer, you really honestly think the ps3 wouldn't have come down in price if their was no 360......................*facepalm* dude, major *facepalm*

and the real sad thing is your not alone, there are tons of people who honestly think that.

Wait are you serious......the ONLY incentive a company has to lower their prices is by their competition's response.....MS forced sony to lower their prices no matter which way you are looking at it.

If MS wasnt here we would have all had to choke on a $600 price tag or at best a $500 price tag today.

when the ps2 owned more than 70% of the games market (much larger than the wii) had over 50 milllion unit lead over it's closet competitor................................ Sony still introduced the Ps2 slim and a 100$ price cut............

ok so here we go *takes deep breath*

FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
gamings_best said:
mrpink said:
MontanaHatchet said:

I think I've explained this half a dozen times, but I'll go again.

It's called first impressions. Microsoft made a really bad first impression with the Xbox. They provided a bulky, fairly ugly box without a whole lot of notable exclusive games (there were a lot of smaller, high quality exclusive games, but those didn't get as much attention). Sure, Nintendo screwed up even more last generation, but they also were a notable brand name with decades of history in the console space (as well as having the ultra-successful Game Boy Advance). Microsoft's first chance to prove themselves in the console space was a colossal failure.

The fact that they've managed to recover this much and be so successful shows a lot of respect for the 360 (maybe even more than it deserves). Again, it's a vague question, so you can't really say.

microsoft's resilence in its xbox deserves my respect, if there were no 360 most of us would be ass raped with the 600 price tag sony wanted.

the downfall of this generation gamer, you really honestly think the ps3 wouldn't have come down in price if their was no 360......................*facepalm* dude, major *facepalm*

and the real sad thing is your not alone, there are tons of people who honestly think that.

Wait are you serious......the ONLY incentive a company has to lower their prices is by their competition's response.....MS forced sony to lower their prices no matter which way you are looking at it.

If MS wasnt here we would have all had to choke on a $600 price tag or at best a $500 price tag today.

So this is another one of those "Nintendo doesn't exist" moments?

I wonder how quickly Sony would have dropped the price of the PS3 if it had been just the $600 PS3 against the $250 Wii.

And addressing the rest of this thread, this nationalism debate is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Neither side knows what they're talking about. So please, just shut up, to everyone involved.

So what is the truth exactly?

Mazty said:
toastboy44562 said:

Hello, I have noticed that the Xbox 360 has some high quality games such as Gears of war 1/2, Halo 3, Fable 3, Forza 2/3, etc.

The Xbox 360 also plays DVDs and has digital distibution for movies and games.

Xbox live is full of amazing content and well worth its price, it has arguably the best online for any home entertainment system.

Why is it that it gets beat by the PS3 in Europe (Excluding UK)? The Price is right, it sells like hotcakes in United States/Canada, why doesnt it sell well in Europe? What more could the public want? Any guesses? It already has racing games and soccer games so idk...

- The PS3 has bluray allowing HD films and larger games

- The 360 is not even close to the media center that the PS3 is, which can play music & videos off a data stick, and stream almost any size movie wirelessly without a problem.

- Free online

- Inbuilt wireless

- More powerful console than the 360 (Please don't argue this one, facts are facts)
    - Therefore exclusives have the ability to look better

- More high profile exclusives which do not make the cross over to PC, unlike many 360 titles, some being superior (Splinter Cell, L4D, ME1 & 2, Gears of War etc)

- Looses less exclusive content than the 360, some being superior/improved for PS3(GTA & Fallout DLC, Tales of Vesperia, Stars Ocean etc)

- 360 has a notorious reliability history

Except for one or two points.....I could literally just switch the word "360" with "ps2" and "PS3" with "Xbox"................you points meant nothing last gen and still mean nothing today judging by the sales.

Oh really?? Then how come even with a year head start the 360 and PS3 are compared as if they were released at the same time? Also the OP wanted to know why the 360 was not being outsold in "others". The above is the answer.

gamings_best said:

BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sorry I had to do it

Man HAHAHA!

I started watching southpart like a few weeks ago and that episode was HILARIOUS!

XD

lolage said:
gamings_best said:

sorry I had to do it

Man HAHAHA!

I started watching southpart like a few weeks ago and that episode was HILARIOUS!

XD

lol it really was one of the best ep. and i wish i could swap out internet with 360 for this thread, it fits so perfectly imo.

Around the Network

For a system that has a higher fail rate than PS3 & Wii combined its getting so much respect!!!! why Europeans support PS3 more than 360??? maybe they want a product that wont brick on them in three months

gamings_best said:
lolage said:
gamings_best said:

sorry I had to do it

Man HAHAHA!

XD

lol it really was one of the best ep. and i wish i could swap out internet with 360 for this thread, it fits so perfectly imo.

HAHA yeah especially considering that if you play it too much it might die (RROD) :D

For a system that has a higher fail rate than PS3 & Wii combined its getting so much respect!!!! why Europeans support PS3 more than 360??? maybe they want a product that wont brick on them in three months

The reason the ps3 outsells the 360 in regions like Eastern Europe (and thus all of Europe) or South America is because Sony actually bothers to support these regions, unlike Microsoft. Microsoft has no official presence in much of Eastern Europe, and even in countries where they do have offices, they still may not support services like Xbox Live. An example of this is Poland, which has no access to Live but does have access to the PSN, and even has its own dedicated PlayStation Store.

Just look at the total number of countries that have access to XBL vs PSN:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20098036&postcount=9

It's 26 vs 56.

And then there are markets where Sony is launching the ps3 right now, such as the Philippines, while Microsoft might not show their face there for years. Sony also recently brought the ps2 to Brazil, and you can be sure the ps3 will make its way there officially long before the 360.

This is the main reason the Sony brand is so popular in Europe. They were the first and in many cases are still the only company to push gaming in this region.

lolage said:
gamings_best said:
lolage said:
gamings_best said:

sorry I had to do it

Man HAHAHA!

XD

HAHA yeah especially considering that if you play it too much it might die (RROD) :D

ooooo zing!