By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So... Red Steel 2 has no online play

I guess I'm probably the last person on the planet to find this out, but after seeing the review I was extremely dissappointed.  No matter how good the game is (and it looks excellent) I feel that online gaming should be a bare minimum and a standard feature for any game.  Why are us wiionites always getting the short end of the internet stick?

Around the Network

Why?

Were games bad before you decided online gaming became the standard?

Would you rather they took away from the main game to make at a minimum a passable online mode?

Not every game needs a damn online mode.

It wouldn't really work with one, the SP mechanics would be broken in an 1v1 match with human players, and I don't want them changed. Honestly, the game is mindblowingly awesome the way it is!

Multiplayer is barely passable in most games that have it, so I don't see why it should be even remotely required in a game.

Weird logic...

Around the Network

I would say, not every game needs online to be a must buy, couple years ago, the last thing on a lot of gamers mind was playing online and they happily played single player games and didn't complain about not getting x Online feature. Online may have ruined the single player experience, adding stuff like that is time consuming, especially if you want to make multiplayer really fun.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Ubisoft had enough on their plate trying to craft completely unique gameplay. How to take it to online play is a problem to be solved after you know you've nailed the core mechanics.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Well, there wasn't a Wi-Fi symbol on the game cover, I think that would give it away...

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

twesterm said:
Why?

Were games bad before you decided online gaming became the standard?

Would you rather they took away from the main game to make at a minimum a passable online mode?

Not every game needs a damn online mode.

Certainly you can't ignore the capabilities and limitless additional play time offered by online gaming.  Why would you not want that in every game you play?  50 euros or dollars for a game that lasts 10 hours just doesn't cut it anymore, at least not for me.  I prefer that the main game be well done than effort being spent on a half-assed online mode, I agree up to that point, but why not implement a good online mode.  With a good story mode.  What a concept!! 

It's not like we can only have one or the other.  And if we can't then it's about time we should.

mysticwolf said:
Well, there wasn't a Wi-Fi symbol on the game cover, I think that would give it away...

I didn't say I'd bought the game