By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII American second week sales

Xephonai said:

I still believe the 360 version will outsell the PS3. For starters all the hardcore FF fans buy the game day one or during the first week. Most of them know that for the most part the PS3 version is the better version if you have an HDTV. wIth that said there are people like me who own a slim and a 360 but still went with the 360 for a few reasons.

Controller
Live and friends
Achievements

you do know there isn't really any online features for this game right?

Around the Network

I think it was obvious that the 360 version would be less frontloaded. Wasn't the PS3:360 pre-order ratio in America something like 2:1?

I don't think the 360 version's total sales will ever catch up in America, though it may end up matching it weekly. That would be impressive enough, I guess.

360 has a larger userbase and will nearly always have better legs to due to the wider audience it has.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

psrock said:
GOW3 came the week after, i think.

Also a good point.

Ok, so I guess people mainly agree on 1 thing: The wider 360 audience in America.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

I thought this would have been obvious.

FFXIII's most hardcore fan probably bought a Playstation waaay before the game even got a release date.

The larger dropoff is probably due to absence of those eager fan who most likely all got the game in their first week.

Around the Network

I think 2 weeks out is a bit short to call a game's 'legs'. And with the 360 having such a large userbase advantage in the US, I wouldn't say I'm completely surprised by this...

Bah!

Toddifer said:
I think 2 weeks out is a bit short to call a game's 'legs'. And with the 360 having such a large userbase advantage in the US, I wouldn't say I'm completely surprised by this...

I already clarified that.

Interesting numbers for sure. I really wonder how well that X360 bundle is selling. I wonder how this will play out over the next few weeks.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
Interesting numbers for sure. I really wonder how well that X360 bundle is selling. I wonder how this will play out over the next few weeks.

How big are the bundle stocks?

huaxiong90 said:
Toddifer said:

I already clarified that.

Just so you know I wasn't calling you out with that...was simply just tossing in my two cents. :)

Bah!