By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War III: Gaia's other .... *SPOILERS*

The first game wasn't made with a trilogy in mind. Thats why the brothers story hasn't been brought into it yet and thats why there are some holes in the story. It was during development of the second game where the trilogy to the vengance story was created. Also I bet ya's in the next game yous will still play as kratos and it will be the brothers story. I'm guessing after Kratos beat Hades the soul of his brother was released and thats who dragged Kratos away at the end of the game.

Around the Network

hmmm good points by a lot of you guys. But if the next GOW is set in the feature, than I think it must be something to do with what else is hidden in pandora's temple. There is also and indication as to the hero being a modern day one.

Wouldn't it be awesome if some soldier gets possessed by Kratos :p but then, who would they fight and why?

Looking at who didn't die at the end of GOW, you have Athena's new form, Aphrodity, Did Gaia die or was she made out to have died? :S I can't remember now. Atlas is still alive i think and maybe there might be a higher God than Zeus!

Gaia, Aphrodity or Kratos's brother could have taken away Kratos, but then Kratos may have been raised from the dead as a superior being by a higher entity. After all, the duty of these Gods is to keep law and order on earth and if Zeus replaced Cronos, then someone must replace Zeus.... the possibilities are endless :s

Oh, no!!! my life is spoiled now...
Good thing I'm not getting this game.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

mysticwolf said:

Your loss.

Considering that you get a trophy for watching that video in GOW1, it means his brother is an important character in the whole GOW universe.  In GOWIII you see some notes written by the "other" critizicing why, while he is in Hades, kratos becomes a GOD.

Also if you check the ending in CHAINS OF OLYMPUS; Athena also refers Kratos and the "other" as they.  Who could be as important as Kratos if not his brother?

SPOILER: GOW:COO ENDING

I think the devs have already the next story plot for the series, but they aren´t saying a thing because they obviously dont want to spoil the game for you.

Most probably the "spartansstandtall" website is about the next PSP GOW game, and with it some more clues about the "other".......First day buy for me!! XD.

Around the Network
Aldro said:
mysticwolf said:

Your loss.

@mysticwolf no problem man, because there will be  other thousands out there who will buy the game and enjoy every bit of it

Fei-Hung said:
hmmm good points by a lot of you guys. But if the next GOW is set in the feature, than I think it must be something to do with what else is hidden in pandora's temple. There is also and indication as to the hero being a modern day one.

Wouldn't it be awesome if some soldier gets possessed by Kratos :p but then, who would they fight and why?

Looking at who didn't die at the end of GOW, you have Athena's new form, Aphrodity, Did Gaia die or was she made out to have died? :S I can't remember now. Atlas is still alive i think and maybe there might be a higher God than Zeus!

Gaia, Aphrodity or Kratos's brother could have taken away Kratos, but then Kratos may have been raised from the dead as a superior being by a higher entity. After all, the duty of these Gods is to keep law and order on earth and if Zeus replaced Cronos, then someone must replace Zeus.... the possibilities are endless :s

Well we now know that Kratos kills Cronos in the Pit of Tartarus and i doubt they'll go into the future as it's about mythology.

Gaia did die, she crumbled because you destroyed her heart. Zeus was the King of the Gods there wasn't any higher although there are more gods left than Aphrodite, they were just never shown in any of the games for some reason. Most likely because every god you do see you eventually kill, with the exception of Aphrodite.

We've seen Kratos die before, and he has now died with the sould of Hades. And it looks like when God's die they either become all ghosty like Athena or become something else like Hermes became insects.

I can see what you mean by keeping law and order but i think the death of the gods was meant to show the chaos of the world we live in today without the gods, of course we don't know from the ending of GOW3 that all the world is like this.

But who knows!

Platinums/100% Completion: Super Stardust HD, Linger In Shadows, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Burnout Paradise, Shaun White Snowboarding, Tomb Raider: Underworld, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator: Salvation, Assassin's Creed II, WipEout HD, Ratchet And Clank: A Crack In Time, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, God Of War, God of War II, God of War III, inFamous.

Working on: GTA IV - 87%, Batman: Arkham Asylum - 80%.