By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - is the ps3 getting the respect it deserves?

Hi, I have noticed that the ps3 has some high quality games, blu ray, free internet, and so on. why is it that in America that the sales are usually subpar? what more could the public want? the price seems to be right. also it seems to sell relatively well across the rest of the world. 

Around the Network

Sony doesn't respect the PS3.

Sony sucks at marketing. They're not terrible, but Nintendo is the best marketer I've ever seen.

Its still priced way above impulse purchase !

Cypher1980 said:

I guess the 300.00 price is really impulsive in our current economy. For all that the ps3 delivers I'd tend to believe that the price shouldnt be an issue.

Around the Network

Developers are lazy and lean towards 360 because it's easier to develop on. Simple as that. It's like making games for Windows (360) and Mac (Ps3).

Most of them are to lazy to harness the power of the Ps3 taking it to it's full potential. But them dedicated developers like naughtydog really show us whats in store if developers actually cared and tried a little bit harder. (To learn how to optimize for Ps3.)

But like EA and so many others have shown, money over customers first. Thus the Ps3 not getting the respect it deserves.

sales=/= respect. The respect is fine. The sales are fine too. They aren't so high because of shortages and ps3 doesn't appeal to a huge crowd, especially in america

monsterone said:
Cypher1980 said:

I guess the 300.00 price is really impulsive in our current economy. For all that the ps3 delivers I'd tend to believe that the price shouldnt be an issue.

That's exactly the attitude Sony took when the PS3 was released. Didn't Hirai say people would get two jobs just to buy one? $300 may not be much for "what it does" But people having $300 in the first place is still a little bit of an issue.

Currently playing: Civ 6

And what respect does it deserve?

It's getting more than enough. It just happens to also get quite a bit of disrespect as well.

4 ≈ One