By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How does it feel to finally be apart of the Console war?

This is pointless.

Around the Network

Fanboy, we shouldn't fight, we should let the companies handle the war, while we stay back and enjoy all the BEAUTIFUL games out of it...

d21lewis said:
Letters From the Front Line of the Console War:

June 6, 2008

My dearest Maria,

Bring me some Mountain Dew. I am thirsty.

-d21lewis

Cut for clarity, and make sure it's Game Fuel.

(Lulz FFXIII!)

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
PS3 and 360 fans fight about exclusives, DLC and who has the best version of graphics.

Nintendo fans just play games.

Clearly you spend too much time online. The average gamer doesn't even know what you're talking about.

When I talk to the typical Wii owner though, they complain about the games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Fededx said:
Fanboy, we shouldn't fight, we should let the companies handle the war, while we stay back and enjoy all the BEAUTIFUL games out of it...

This^ Plus,we all benefit the harder they fight

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
PS3 and 360 fans fight about exclusives, DLC and who has the best version of graphics.

Clearly you spend too much time online. The average gamer doesn't even know what you're talking about.

Well, going along with the thread, my statement was a joke, poking fun at the people online taking the 'console wars' too seriously and the fact that most 'Nintendo fans' are just ignoring it and playing games.

But in light of your comments, they kind of contradict each other (the avg gamer not understanding much about the gaming scene yet being annoyed by the games they have).  The majority of Wii console owners I know and as polls have shown mostly only own Nintendo games (such as Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Zelda: Twilight Princess, etc).  And they're quite content.  Its mostly the 'gamers' who are 'in the know' who aren't satisfied with the Wii.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

This song basically sums up my opinion of the System Wars. It's not directly about them, but there are many similarities.

Oh, and the PC won years ago, around the time Starcraft and Diablo 2 came out. :P

the "war" has included the Wii for about four years now, like someone earlier said.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:

Well, going along with the thread, my statement was a joke, poking fun at the people online taking the 'console wars' too seriously and the fact that most 'Nintendo fans' are just ignoring it and playing games.

But in light of your comments, they kind of contradict each other (the avg gamer not understanding much about the gaming scene yet being annoyed by the games they have).  The majority of Wii console owners I know and as polls have shown mostly only own Nintendo games (such as Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Zelda: Twilight Princess, etc).  And they're quite content.  Its mostly the 'gamers' who are 'in the know' who aren't satisfied with the Wii.

I'm saying the average gamer doesn't care if a game is multiplat or technically has the best graphics. As long as the games are fun and look good, they are content.

If you are a Wii owner and you don't feel like playing Nintendo games, you're pretty much screwed. HD consoles receive 3rd party games of a different caliber.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I'm a Sega Fanboy so I've been in this war for a long time...

Former something....