By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MArio Galaxy no longer Best game ever!

I've played every Halo and FF yet think galaxy is the best game i've picked up for years - very refreshing and the market is too saturated now with FPS.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

Around the Network

SMG deserves being first more than Zelda, in my humble opinion.

yeah oot deserves to stay in 1!!!!!

Nothing lasts forever (unless it's Zelda)

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

I think the internet has something to do with brining it's score down, back in the OoT days there was no websites going against the grain for attention.

Around the Network
stof said:
It's not a question of quality; it's a question of eras.

When OoT came out, there were far less review sites and a subsequently less diverse range of voices.
The game has what, 31 reviews? Galaxy will probably have over 90 reviews when it's all over. And when you consider how much of an impact even a 9 can have on the game's average, it's almost impossible for any game in this day and age to beat Ocarina's score.

that pretty much sums it up, it still is a surprise to me seeing metroid prime 1 with 90 reviews, and still that high

Maybe it should be weighted averages for the final rating.

Doesn't bother me.

#2 is still pretty awesome.

Damn straight.

Link has always pWned that fat-ass plumber Mario. As much as I love Galaxy, it is not better than Ocarina of Time. No game is.

Snesboy said:
Damn straight.

Link has always pWned that fat-ass plumber Mario. As much as I love Galaxy, it is not better than Ocarina of Time. No game is.

Besides LttP and a slew of other games, of course.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"