By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MArio Galaxy no longer Best game ever!

i knew it. i mean, come on, it would have to of avg. a rating of 97 to keep it's position. anything lower would of brought it down
OoT #1 for life

Around the Network

I know... That really stung... It better get back to number one! Mario is Nintendo's mascot, not Zelda, so the best game should be a Mario game! Oh well... I'll always see Galaxy as the better one... Even though Ocarina is awesome anyways. I'm sure it will hop back to the first position... It better...

OoT does not deserve that spot in the slightest. Ugh.

It's been topped at least 15 times, and never even was the best game ever. (SMW was better)

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

The problem with any game getting the top spot is the number of reviewers and reviwers who don't know how to review games (because of thier biases).

The fact that SMG is close is amagzing in and of itself. (Remember the thread was Top 5 before it was released).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Edge's 10 doesn't seem to be included at the moment, eh?

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Around the Network

A lot of the perfect (10/10) reviews aren't on the site yet

being the suspicious person that I am, I wonder if the ommisions are intentional 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I'll quote gametrailers about the Galaxy story line

but if you're interested in Super Mario Galaxy for its story then you might want to check where you've been the last 20 years.

I haven't played Mario Galaxy yet but OoT isn't a perfect game. It will be beat someday... There is a way to make a better game than it.

Mario Galaxy seems pretty awesome... I don't know if it's as good as some reviews say, but if it is I don't see why it couldn't take the #1 spot.

I just find it sad when people cling to memories of a game so hard that they refuse to belive that another game can be better.

P.S. I love Ocarina of Time and Zelda is my favorite game serie... I just think that Ocarina isn't perfect and it can be beat.

LG[Infinite] said:
Hmmm...

Don't forget EDGE just gave Galaxy 10, which frankly is a shock to me after the mauling they gave MP3. Mario also picked up another 10 from Thunder (or something like that...), so I doubt that it's stabilised yet. Certainly, Metacritic is missing at least 3-5 reviews, almost all of which are in 95-100 range. Either way, it's a long way between #2 and #3 so we'll just have to see how things pan out.

EDGE?!?

Have they even given a 10 to a game before?

I mean Edge seems like the kind of Magazine where if the game gave you 20 dollar bills every time you played it they'd give it a 9.5 for the game not converting the money into pounds.

It's not a question of quality; it's a question of eras.

When OoT came out, there were far less review sites and a subsequently less diverse range of voices.
The game has what, 31 reviews? Galaxy will probably have over 90 reviews when it's all over. And when you consider how much of an impact even a 9 can have on the game's average, it's almost impossible for any game in this day and age to beat Ocarina's score.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.