By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MArio Galaxy no longer Best game ever!

More reviews came intoday and the average went back up, but not enough to take over OOT.
http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp?rankings=y

Around the Network

I found this pretty comical.

This is the opening line from the gameshark review of SMG:

"Reviewing Super Mario Galaxy, in a way, is entirely unnecessary. For most, it's the only reason to own a Wii and purchasing it is required to validate having bought one in the first place. It's difficult to argue against the fact that the game is practically the only worthwhile title for Nintendo's system, joined by Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Power Pros, and Super Paper Mario in a lackluster library. Unsurprisingly, Super Mario Galaxy delivers a stellar experience that finally justifies owning a Wii."

Anyone who liberally applies opinion as fact is clearly not a competent journalist.

...sometimes even reading the full review isn't worth a damn.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Wow, that's just .... wow.

I've noticed all the low reviews are poorly done and reek of irresponsible journalism, thid s person makes their bias clear from the outset, putting their entire review and score into heavy doubt

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

well ofcourse some reviewer was bound to drop the score,if happens to all the games now

Around the Network
endurance said:
well ofcourse some reviewer was bound to drop the score,if happens to all the games now

Yeah but the reviewer is clearly biased agains the Wii and its obvious that he isn't rating the game fairly, its one thing when its a quality review that knocks the score down, at least then it makes sense, in the case of SMG howerver we've seen that the low end reviews (the 90% reviews) are poorly done with obvious bias

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)