By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the hardest game of the gen that you have played?

kiefer23 said:
Wagram said:
Even though LP1 was glitchy as hell on my PS3. I enjoyed playing it. ^^

Never had any glitches on the Xbox version. The PS3 port was terrible though.

Lol you should have seen the AI. They just ran around shooting at nothing sometimes.

Around the Network

Shatter - the "complete the full game below 10minutes"-trophy.
still trying from time to time...still failing

Wenn killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler killen, dann killen killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler.

demon's souls

Ninja Gaiden Black. I was late to the party on that one, and didn't play it until the 360 came out. Does that count?

I had a little trouble with CoD4 on Veteran. I usually fly through shooters, but some of the timed stuff ended up giving me trouble. Mostly just the last level though, that took me WAY too long to beat.

It was pretty tense too, when I finally got to the hostage, I had used up my pistol ammo, so I was reloading when it automatically took out the pistol. I was freaking out, and I had to aim in the middle of reloading. The gun leveled out, and I had under a second to center on his head and shoot. I was so relieved when I got it.

I kept having trouble with the first flash, it would go off, and I would be blind, and no one else would, even though it wasn't near me. My friend was watching me throw it into the room, hide behind the wall for a second, and then I would be blind, it was fucked up. I was so pissed when I was playing that.

Demon's Souls deserves a mention, but it wasn't hard so much as I had to be EXTREMELY cautious. When I was cautious and patient, it wasn't hard at all. Didn't have trouble with any of the black phantoms or bosses.

By the way, I'm the type of gamer that will always play on the hardest mode, but rarely does self-imposed limitations. So I gleefully used the thief's ring and whatever little cheap tactics I could in Demon's Souls, I'm sure it would have been MUCH harder if I put limits on myself (like no magic), but that's not how I usually play.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
kiefer23 said:
Wagram said:
Even though LP1 was glitchy as hell on my PS3. I enjoyed playing it. ^^

Never had any glitches on the Xbox version. The PS3 port was terrible though.

Lol you should have seen the AI. They just ran around shooting at nothing sometimes.

Ouch lol, didn't know it was THAT bad. I thought it was mostly the graphics and framerate that took a hit.

I guess that makes it abit easier? lol

hard?
look me weirdly but Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box fits

coolbeans said:
kiefer23 said:
coolbeans said:
kiefer23 said:
coolbeans said:
On standard difficulty? So far Lost Planet is suprisingly a huge B****.

On the highest difficulty? Meh I suppose something like R6V or Lost Planet when I play at that difficulty.

Finally, someone else who has played Lost Planet on Extreme.

It's like Final Fantasy XIII's Doom counter is cast on your throughout the entire game!

Well.......for what I did play of LP on Extreme it was extremely limited, didn't even finish first level.  Felt like going for all/most of the achievements but I had to play all difficulties so I went back to the lowest one first and I'm playing through that now.

How do you mean extremely limited?

The first level isn't that hard except for the Boss. He's one of the hardest in the game because you get around 3 mini-rollers with him too.

The worm level makes me want to cry when trying to get the target markers on Extreme. There are two Worms.

I played the boss on Extreme but I don't recall whether I beat him or not.  After it collected dust for awhile I felt like playing to beat the game and wanted to grab acheeves for the heck of it.  To get certain ones you have to play on all difficulties so I'm trying to get those. 

That kind of how it happened with me. I found out how good the multiplayer could be, played the heck out of it and eventually built up enough skill to take on extreme mode. It was still extremely hard.

I only need one achievement which is shoot all target markers on Extreme mode. I was doing it originally on my first extreme run but I kept running out of thermal energy so I completed the game without them. I haven't been back to finish it and I'm probably rubbish again. It's been around over a year.

Killzone 2 on elite , never gave up to a game but after beign killed that much i gave up

Jereel Hunter said:
Ninja Gaiden Black. I was late to the party on that one, and didn't play it until the 360 came out. Does that count?

it counts if you beat Master Ninja. Hardest. Shit. Ever (except for Ultima Ninja Team Missions in NGS2 for PS3).