graphics than Uncharted..." /> graphics than Uncharted..." /> graphics than Uncharted..." /> graphics than Uncharted..." />
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cliffy B says "Your going down" to naughtydog (About graphics)

CGI-Quality said:
nightsurge said:
CGI-Quality said:

We'll continue to disagree. Killzone 2, as good as it looked, had far more low res areas than HEAVY RAIN. And Killzone 2's character models are nowhere near as detailed as HEAVY RAIN's. That isn't an opinion either.

But again, we'll continue to disagree.

Quite frankly, the only place on Heavy Rain's characters that I saw much detail was their faces.  And even then the faces didn't look anywhere near as good as they did in the loading parts.  Heavy Rain clothes just looked flat and the only thing that moved clothes wise was Scott's trench coat.  Killzone 2's characters actually had detail and texture all over including their facials and clothes and whatnot.

So as far as facial detail I will say Heavy Rain has the most of nearly any console game, but that is still mostly due to artwork and not actual texture detail.  Gears 2 faces IMO look way more detailed and textured.

And I hate to say it, bro, but yes that was still your opinion.  Faces I give to Heavy Rain, but overall character models including clothing/gear has to go to Uncharted 2 and/or Killzone 2.

No, on the characters, it's not an opinion. Uncharted 2 has the highest polygon count of the 3, but HEAVY RAIN's look more realistic, and no, the character models are the same all around, in the load screens and everything. David Cage has made that clear.

Well gameplay on my first hand experience says otherwise.  And sorry, but that is your opinion.  Mine is that Heavy Rain character models are especially lacking in detail on nearly everything but faces and that Killzone 2/Gears 2 and especially Uncharted 2 has it beat.  I know how passionate you are about this game, but it seems more than just I feel this way as CommonMan thinks about the same.

I'm not sure what part of Gears 2 you played, but it's character models are behind all three games, save for Killzone 2. The poly count isn't that high and up close you can see hi-res textures with very little bump mapping at all, very similar to Killzone 2.

Gears 2 characters have way more texture and detail on face, clothes/gear, etc.  Animations are definitely to Heavy Rain's favor, though.

We're not going to get anywhere on the rest of it, that's pure opinion. But on the characters, it's Uncharted 2 > HEAVY RAIN > Killzone 2 = Gears of War 2.

I'm afraid that's all opinion.  I'll agree that Uncharted 2 is the best, though

We're also way off topic.

Yes we are

Around the Network

i would give the nod to epic. i dont really enjoy uncharted.

-_-...Unfreakin' believable. So many people have been mislead.

I'm going to report this to a mod.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

This is a Horrible thread, Cliff B. has yet to even come close to U2 graphics, and let the game come out and speak for itself, This thread could turn in to one big troll.