By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Sony Makes Huge Exclusivity Deal

Bungie is now freelance, but MS does get the right of first refusal for their next game. So Im gonna say, Resistance 3, or FFXIV

Around the Network
starcraft said:
room414 said:
starcraft said:
I have inside knowledge.

It's Sony Sports from Nintendo.

a sequel to the original ps2 eyetoy game?

@1:03

Funny joke, but it's silly to imply the Move isn't a direct copy of Nintendo's innovation.

Motion as a concept was around long before any of the current console makers.  But the use Sony is about to make of it is Nintendo through and through.

you're in the wrong thread, gtfo with that shit

Sounds like something I'm gonna yawn at when I see it...

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Sounds like something I'm gonna yawn at when I see it...

yeah i  agree i always feel dissappointed with this stuff

So to summarize, there are only four HD franchises that are San Andreas-sized, and any of them might have PS3 exclusivity news:

1. GTA. Rockstar are said to owe Sony for both breaking their GTAIV agreement and for taking LA Noire multiplatform. Agent is recompense for one of these, but that still leaves Rockstar owing Sony one exclusive. Exclusivity on the next GTA is therefore possible.

2. Call of Duty. The sacked Infinity Ward guys could have signed an exclusive deal with Sony. They wouldn't be able to use the COD name but it would still be massive as it would bring in a lot of Modern Warfare fans.

3. Halo. I can't see Bungie signing an exclusivity deal with Sony and obviously Halo isn't going anywhere except Xbox. But it would still be pretty big news if Bungie launched a game on X360 and PS3 simultaneously.

4. Gears of War. Can't see Gears 3 going PS3 exclusive, but simultaneous launch on X360 and PS3 would be massive exclusivity-related news. Epic own the franchise, and though they may have a contract with Microsoft for Gears 3 Sony might be willing to pay part of the break fee.

Most likely though this is either something much smaller than GTA (Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, MGS, etc) or just an empty rumour. Would be interesting if I'm wrong though! 

Around the Network

Picture this folks! Jack Tretton on the stage at E3, he takes off his Jacket and throws it on the ground he proceeds by slowly rolling up his sleeve to reveal the "GTA V" logo? :D

ff7 remksewe2dw

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

room414 said:
starcraft said:
room414 said:
starcraft said:
I have inside knowledge.

It's Sony Sports from Nintendo.

a sequel to the original ps2 eyetoy game?

@1:03

Funny joke, but it's silly to imply the Move isn't a direct copy of Nintendo's innovation.

Motion as a concept was around long before any of the current console makers.  But the use Sony is about to make of it is Nintendo through and through.

you're in the wrong thread, gtfo with that shit

It's not even really a debate mate.

It's fairly basic common sense.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

@ starcraft:

He's right man, this is not the thread for you if you're going to be bringing that in...

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Vanbierk said:
@ starcraft:

He's right man, this is not the thread for you if you're going to be bringing that in...

I believe he brought it in?

In any case, my money is on confirmation of a previously known deal.

L.A. Noire, FFXIV, Agent etc...

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS