By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie: Move is “Wii-too”

SuperAdrianK said:
The Wii too comment was unnecessary, but anyways I agree with him unless natal and move show something friggen crazy.

It already has shown some crazy tech already tho....and we are not even at E3 yet!

It would be funny to see if someone just say hey he is alright...he tells the truth but in return and bash on MS and Sony PR :D Hypocracy at it's best imo...they are all equally bad

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
TheGameFather said:

Its just the truth, nothing to get worked up about.

Wait until Reggie tells a lie, then jump on him.

Edit: but I wouldn't hold my breath

The tech is different, dude.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Here is the full quote:

"It's certainly me too or Wii too, as I like to say," Fils-Aime said. "There is nothing that they showed that is surprising. There is nothing that they showed that is innovative and in the end it will come down to how much fun the software is.
How entertaining the experience is and I've yet to see anything that highlights this as an entertaining experience."

More portions of the interview here.

Hes very misinformed about the move. I think he needs some history lesson about the wands introduction before making his bias about it and assuming it as a copy.

M.U.G.E.N said:
SuperAdrianK said:
The Wii too comment was unnecessary, but anyways I agree with him unless natal and move show something friggen crazy.

It already has shown some crazy tech already tho....and we are not even at E3 yet!

It would be funny to see if someone just say hey he is alright...he tells the truth but in return and bash on MS and Sony PR :D Hypocracy at it's best imo...they are all equally bad

It's one thing to be shown tech demos, it's another to be shown actual software. Sony's GDC wasn't impressive, and the impressions show that Sony has a lot of work to do before they release Move.

Around the Network
Innervate said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
SuperAdrianK said:

It's one thing to be shown tech demos, it's another to be shown actual software. Sony's GDC wasn't impressive, and the impressions show that Sony has a lot of work to do before they release Move.

The engadget demonstration wasn't half bad though.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Lastgengamer said:

The Regginator’s offensive against PlayStation Move continues, with the Nintendo of America boss now calling the motion controller a “Wii-Too” effort from Sony.

“Looking at what PlayStation is doing, it feels very ‘Wii-too,’” said the exec, talking to the LA Times.

“In terms of Microsoft, we’ll see when they actually show off their software. I think our competitors will be challenged in a number of ways: bringing fun experiences to life, because in the end that’s what the consumer wants.

“Our competitors will be challenged on providing the great value we have always provided. Our consumers have a system that they love. Is that consumer suddenly going to stop and go do something else?”

Reggie’s been a vociferous detractor of Move since it was announced at GDC in San Francisco earlier this month, saying you won’t need one if you have a Wii, that he’s flattered at Sony’s “imitation” and that Nintendo would be “embarrassed” to be bringing out motion devices this year.

Move’s out this autumn. But Reggie doesn’t care. Obviously.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/22/reggie-move-is-wii-too/

I agree with this bolded part, because games like God of war are just so not fun. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Andysw said:

Hes very misinformed about the move. I think he needs some history lesson about the wands introduction before making his bias about it and assuming it as a copy.

Would you settle for "inspired by"?  Whether it's true or not Reggie is obviously playing on the perception that the Move is a blatant copy of the Wii-mote, which isn't a terribly hard sell as it's going to look that way to the vast majority of consumers.

I'll bet Sony PR tries to spin this to Wii-2, in reference to motion controls plus HD.

Little over the top Reggie. Keep it classy please. Don't sink to MS and Sony's levels.

hsrob said:
Andysw said:

Would you settle for "inspired by"?  Whether it's true or not Reggie is obviously playing on the perception that the Move is a blatant copy of the Wii-mote, which isn't a terribly hard sell as it's going to look that way to the vast majority of consumers.

I'll bet Sony PR tries to spin this to Wii-2, in reference to motion controls plus HD.

Yeah I'd like to see Sony's response to Reggie's claims.