By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Disposable razors are horrible things and I hate them.

Listen so it goes like this:

I, like many other men above a certain age, have to shave. My facial hair is thin so I don't shave often, but I do shave. I usually shave with one o them Schick or Gilette dealers - I couldn't tell you without looking at them - the ones with the cool commercials. Semi-permanent, the kind where you replace the head every once in a while (a long while for me).

So I lost the body of my razor not too long ago, and, thinking it was an okay idea, grabbed a few disposables. I mean, what could it hurt?

As it turns out it can ruin my face.

I don't know if it's because I have skin like a newborn baby mouse or what, but the disposable I bought cut me more in one use than every other time I've cut myself shaving combined, and also it didn't even cut my facial hair that well. It took four times as long to cut off the sam amount, and it looked worse (and injured me) to boot!

About halfway through it I said "screw it", threw the damn thing away, found on of my decent blade heads, and held the head using my fingers, shaving that way. Smooth as a baby's butt, and oh-so-pretty.

I threw the other disposables in the garbage immediately thereafter.

Let's, uh. talk about shaving... I guess.

Around the Network

Like yourself, I also have peachy beautiful skin, but I long lost the will to make it smooth. Now I just use a beard trimmer on the lowest height setting so I can have rugged stubble - all year round!

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

This is why I go electric.

I have those!

Then again I don't grow too much facial hair, but just enough for me to shave it off.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

That is why I started using a straight razor and never looked back.

Currently, I use disposables, but I'm looking into a Dovo or even better, a Hart Steel.

It's amazing how much cash you can save by going the straight razor route. Much better shave, too.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Yeah, the ones where you replace only the head are the way to go (dunno how they're called), I remember I once tried with a disposable and it was a pain, the other way you only need to replace the head and they're of a good quality. I still get a few cuts, but at least I know I'll get a good shave

Oh Khuutie you are so very pretty. I wish I had a smooth face like yours.

Tease.

Personally, I have found that there is an amazing variation between the quality of disposable razors; and while I use disposable razors I’m very careful of the ones I buy. The razors I actually use are almost as good as the super expensive name brand razors.

I cut myself only once... and I use a disposible one, one without headchanging. But the ones I use are rather expensive, and since I only shave once a week they last long.

I have the thin non-beard too. After a few days I get red stubble in places but I have no fantasies of ever having a beard or even 5 o'clock shadow.

Anyways. I gave up on razors long ago. I just use an electric self cleaning shaver. So much simpler and worth the price. Of course I also went to those because I use to have a mole on my face that was impossible to shave with a razor without cutting myself (eventually had it removed).