By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Disposable razors are horrible things and I hate them.

TheRealMafoo said:

I have nothing really to add, other then I read the start if this article as:

"I like many other men above a certain age..."

I should learn to never overlook punctuation :)

Ya, hahaha

Around the Network

I've been using the same foil electric shaver ($70 no maintenance) for the last 8 years now, and providing that there is no apocalypse (no power for shaving) will never go back to a wet shaver. The electric shave is not as smooth, but I would always get cuts and ingrown hairs (itchy face :(  ) when wet shaving.

We gave my dad an electric shaver for Father's Day, and I was like "fuck yeah, never again using razors, I'm gonna use it too". Turns out, it took me 15 minutes to shave with it and I still wouldn't get a clean shave, I'd still would have a bit of hairs, while shaving with disposable heads takes me around 5 minutes. Yeah, I still get cuts, but I get a totally beardless skin, unlike with electric

Khuutra said:

Smooth as a baby's butt, and oh-so-pretty.

*Grabs phone*

Remember my thread about if I should shave at 15 yrs old? Well I did and feel good, yes i've cut myself lots of times tho.

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
We gave my dad an electric shaver for Father's Day, and I was like "fuck yeah, never again using razors, I'm gonna use it too". Turns out, it took me 15 minutes to shave with it and I still wouldn't get a clean shave, I'd still would have a bit of hairs, while shaving with disposable heads takes me around 5 minutes. Yeah, I still get cuts, but I get a totally beardless skin, unlike with electric

Unfortunately electric shavers never give you as clean as shave but for your second part you generally have to give them a week or two to let your skin get use to them.

It generally takes me about a minute at most to shave with mine, maybe two if I haven't shaved for a few days.

I can not put no cream on my skin but astral but i can shave me self with crusty toes and i dont get spots.

I feel sorry 4 ya kid. i am so glad me i sna like dat

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Serious_frusting said:
I can not put no cream on my skin but astral but i can shave me self with crusty toes and i dont get spots.

I feel sorry 4 ya kid. i am so glad me i sna like dat

This whole thing about my age is kind of weird

Half the men in my family can't grow beards. My father can't grow a very decent beard, and makes up for it with length.

I like the idea of a straight razor, but I'm afraid I would end up decapitating myself

I hate thsoe too, last year I had an epic beard and tried to cut through part of it, what a pain!

mrstickball said:
That is why I started using a straight razor and never looked back.

Currently, I use disposables, but I'm looking into a Dovo or even better, a Hart Steel.

It's amazing how much cash you can save by going the straight razor route. Much better shave, too.

Listen I'm curious about this straight razor deal.

Is it not true that they are expensive and also likely to decapitate me?