By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony & Nintendo did not invent Motion -Control

yeah and nintendo fans say sony ripped off their motion controls, rofl, hipocrits.

Around the Network
elticker said:
yeah and nintendo fans say sony ripped off their motion controls, rofl, hipocrits.

As a Nintendo fan, I'm more or less upset that Sony couldn't come up with a better design than "Take the Wiimote and paint it black."

tehsage said:
elticker said:

As a Nintendo fan, I'm more or less upset that Sony couldn't come up with a better design than "Take the Wiimote and paint it black."

lol..how else do you make a "wand"?

the shape of each are not the same Sony's are more wand like the Wii mote is more "remote" like

so it's not a Wiimote painted black.

example:

the Wiimote

Playstation Move is more of a "wand" or flashlight

Wiimote is more of a "Remote" or TV remote

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

joeorc said:
tehsage said:
elticker said:

the shape of each are not the same Sony's are more wand like the Wii mote is more "remote" like

Dude.

versus

They don't look similar AT ALL. =/ I'm glad Sony made a motion controller. We'll see some awesome games coming. I am a little disappointed in the route they went to make the controller.

tehsage said:
joeorc said:
tehsage said:
elticker said:

Dude.

versus

They don't look similar AT ALL. =/ I'm glad Sony made a motion controller. We'll see some awesome games coming. I am a little disappointed in the route they went to make the controller.

you and other's keep posting that , but are missing the real point:

HOW ELSE DO YOU DESIGN A WAND?

HUH?

ONCE AGAIN

DREAMCAST'S:

HERE WAS Sony's design back in 2004

Invention: Magic wand for gamers

For over 30 years, Barry Fox has trawled the world's weird and wonderful patent applications each week, digging out the most exciting, intriguing and even terrifying new ideas. His column, Invention, is now available exclusively online. Please send us your feedback.

Magic wand

PlayStation gamers are always looking for exciting new ways to control the onscreen action, but using a camera to track a player's body movement has not worked reliably, admits Sony. The camera gets confused by other things in the room.

Sony's new idea is to plug a webcam into the console, and give the gamer a handheld wand similar to a pocket flashlight. The wand has a battery, a few mouse-like buttons and several different coloured LEDs that can be switched on and off in various combinations.

By pressing the buttons and waving the wand towards the webcam, the gamer can click to shoot aliens, drag-and-drop images on screen and navigate menus.

The webcam is tuned to see only pure bright colours and map their motion in space, so it can ignore ordinary room lights. And if two people have wands with different coloured LEDs, they can play against each other.

Read about Sony's gaming wand here (pdf format).

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn7890

So ONCE AGAIN HOW WOULD YOU DESIGN A "WAND".

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

I find it funny that people think that since they showed a tech demo back in 2004 that is when Sony first began working on motion controls. Yes they threw it together over the weekend because they used their mind reading technology to see that the Wii would be so successful.

This is only my opinion.

News Flash we already knew this. This is so 3-4years ago

Neither Sony or Nintendo or Microsoft invented motion controls, but one company copied other company design for a known gaming controller.

This image speaks for itself, only minds in infinite denial or blind people can't see the blatant obvious.

Oh and just for the perfect pwnage combo, I have some bullshit comments form Sony about motion control from 2007:

"I think the notion of that controller is a non-trivial point that you’ve brought up, that control and that familiarity is like comfort food - from my perspective, we lead, we don’t follow. And as a brand, Nintendo’s got their thing, and we’re not trying to get the senior citizen group to get into gaming"

", but we’d never consider iterating off of existing competitive technology - because we think that’s a fad and that’s not the way we approach product development. It’s not the way we approach the marketing or the branding of PlayStation."

------------\\\---------------------------\\\-------------------- 

So Sony "does research" since 2004 on a controller similar to wiimote and nunchuk and troll themselves? ;D

hahahahahahahahahaaaAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ha.

joeorc said:

you and other's keep posting that , but are missing the real point:

HOW ELSE DO YOU DESIGN A WAND?

HUH?

ONCE AGAIN

DREAMCAST'S:

I've never seen that before. What was it called?